These Meatball Pizza Quesadillas are perfect for fun dinners or appetizers! This quesadilla recipe uses some store bought help to get them ready fast!
Dinner can be crazy at our house, it doesn’t seem to matter what time of year it is either. During school there’s sports and homework, during the summer there’s more sports and kids just playing outside…
They’re aren’t a lot of days that we all sit together at the dinner table. Sad, but true. But that’s where easy dinner recipes like these meatball quesadillas come in handy!
And to make it even easier, we grabbed some pre-made meatballs from the grocery store to save us the trouble of making homemade meatballs.
How Do You Make Quesadillas?
Like I said, we’re starting out with these already cooked meatballs that you just have to heat up. Frozen meatballs would work great here too. Or if you happen to have some homemade meatballs hanging around, even better.
Once the meatballs are heated through, keep them on a plate covered with foil so they stay warm.
Now place one tortilla in a large skillet. Layer on shredded mozzarella cheese and a layer of meatballs that have been cut in half.
Next, add some marinara sauce on top of the meatballs and a few pieces of fresh basil.
Now you need to add another layer of mozzarella cheese to make the top tortilla stick to the filling…
Place another tortilla on top and press down with a dinner plate that’s face down. These are going to cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until they’re browned and crispy. Now it’s time for flipping!
You can either grab a large spatula and try out your flipping skills or try this quesadilla flipping trick with a plate!
How To Flip A Quesadilla
Place your hand on the dinner plate, grab the handle of your skillet and flip the whole thing over while you’re holding on firmly to the plate then remove the skillet back to the stove and slide the quesadilla back in.
Quesadilla flipping 101. You’ve got this…
Now cook the quesadilla on the second side until crispy, then you can just slide it out onto a cutting board. Cool for just a minute or two and then cut into wedges.
How Do You Reheat A Quesadilla?
Of course you can reheat these Meatball Pizza Quesadillas in the microwave, but they won’t be crispy like when you just make them.
The best way to reheat them is to put the quesadillas on a baking sheet and warm them up in a 375-400 degree oven until they are heated through and crisped up again.
Looking For More Kid Friendly Recipes?
This fun appetizer or dinner recipe uses some store bought help!
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen meatballs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the meatballs in the microwave according to the package directions. Cut each meatball in half and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with non-stick spray over medium heat.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet and top with 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Divide the meatballs in half, then add half of the meatballs cut side down on top of the cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the sauce over the meatballs then top with half of the chopped basil and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Add another 1/4 cup of the cheese to cover the meatballs, then top with another tortilla.
- Press down on top of the quesadilla with a dinner plate and let cook for a minute or two, checking to see if the bottom tortilla is brown.
- When the quesadilla has browned, place your hand firmly on the dinner plate and flip the skillet over with your other hand, then slide the uncooked side of the tortilla back into the pan.
- Press down with the plate again and cook for 2-3 minutes until the other side is crispy and brown.
- Slide the quesadilla out onto a cutting board and repeat with the other 2 tortillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with extra chopped basil on top.
Keywords: quesadillas, quesadilla recipe, frozen meatballs, appetizers, easy appetizers, dinner ideas, dinner recipes, kid friendly recipes
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cooked Perfect® Meatballs. All opinions are 100% mine.