This Quick Salmon Noodle Bowl is a healthy recipe that’s so easy to make! Fresh salmon with vegetables and noodles tossed with homemade stir fry sauce!
A Healthy Stir Fry Recipe The Whole Family Will Love!
What I love about anything that our kids call “Chinese Food” is that you can load up tons of vegetables and healthy ingredients into these meals and the kids still eat them up.
Not that our boys don’t eat their vegetables, they do, but they each have different ones that they like the best. One of them loves asparagus, one doesn’t (I can bet you can guess which one that is) one loves green beans, one doesn’t…
But as long as we stir fry something in our homemade stir fry sauce, it gets eaten. Buy both kids, it’s literally amazing!
How To Make This Quick Salmon Noodle Bowl
The important part is to get all your ingredients ready to go and get the pan you’re using as hot as it can be. This Quick Salmon Noodle Bowl cooks fast, so you need to have everything ready to throw in the pan.
And if salmon isn’t your thing…you can use chicken or ground pork or really any other protein you like. Or add some more vegetables and keep it vegetarian, the key here is the stir fry sauce.
We’ve used this homemade stir fry sauce in a few other recipes like this Stir Fry Shrimp and Cashews and now for this Quick Salmon Noodle Bowl – but I’m telling you, make it up and use it on anything from fish to grilled chicken or even steak. It’s so good and so easy to make it’s become a staple in our refrigerator.
To get this started, get your wok good and hot and throw in some diced salmon. Cook the salmon until it’s a little brown on the edges and cooked through, only about 3-4 minutes.
Remove the salmon from the wok to a plate and then add broccoli florets with a little more oil. Cook the broccoli until it’s bright green but still firm, if you have a lid for your wok or skillet now’s a good time to put it on and let the broccoli steam.
Once the broccoli is done add in a couple handfuls of coleslaw mix until it’s softened, then the salmon goes back in with noodles and the stir fry sauce.
Toss that all together and dinner is done.
We like to add sesame seeds to the top at the table, our boys are obsessed with sesame seeds so we have them on the table whenever we eat any kind of stir fry or Chinese food…
Now tell me that isn’t a dinner that your whole family is going to love!
Looking For More Stir Fry Recipes?
- Rotisserie Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
- Aisan Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Str Fry
- Ginger Beef & Green Bean Stir Fry
- Sausage & Pepper Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry
Quick Salmon Noodle Bowl
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This healthy stir fry recipe is made with our 5 minute homemade stir fry sauce!
- 1/2 lb. salmon, diced and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 (8 oz.) package Lo Mein Noodles, cooked and rinsed with cold water
- Stir Fry Sauce (about 1 1/2 cups)
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat with a tablespoon of the oil.
- Add the salmon and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing often until cooked through. Remove the salmon to a plate then add the other tablespoon of oil.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 5-6 minutes until bright green but still firm. If you have a lid to your wok you can place the lid on while cooking so that the broccoli steams up faster. Next add the coleslaw mix and stir together with the broccoli until wilted.
- Add the cooked noodles into the wok along with the salmon and the stir fry sauce. Toss together until all the ingredients are coated with the sauce and serve.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Add the stir fry sauce a little at a time until it’s the consistency you like it. We used the whole recipe for this stir fry but if you like less sauce start out with half and keep adding until it’s a good ratio for you!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stir fry recipe, salmon recipe, healthy dinner recipes, seafood recipes, stir fry sauce, dinner ideas