Try these Individual Lasagna Recipe for a fun dinner or at your next dinner party! They can also be served as a side dish to the main course!
Sure sometimes we make a whole, Classic Lasagna for Sunday dinners but you don’t always need that much, especially for a family of four. This individual lasagna recipe can be served as a pasta side dish or the main course! Add some Garlic Bread on the side and dinner is done!
A Fun Pasta Recipe For Family Dinners Or Dinner Parties!
This Individual Lasagna Recipe is as fun to make as it is to eat! Get the kids in the kitchen and have them help put their own lasagna cup together. You can add all kinds of different ingredients like sausage, mushrooms, chopped broccoli and top it all off with mozzarella cheese.
Our kids really like making these lasagna cups, so we do find that we make them pretty often. But we also like serving this individual lasagna recipe as a side dish to pot roast or Beef Wellington around the holidays, and even a first course to the big turkey dinner on Thanksgiving.
How To Make This Individual Lasagna Recipe
Start off by cooking six lasagna noodles, then drain and dry any moisture from the noodles. While the noodles are cooking you can start a quick, homemade sauce in a large skillet. We added ground beef to our sauce but you can keep this lasagna recipe vegetarian if you like and just leave out the meat.
Lay the cooked noodles on a board and spread a ricotta cheese mixture along the noodle, followed by the meat sauce and then another layer of ricotta on top. Just for extra cheesiness!
Roll up the noodle and place it in a ramekin or small bowl standing up so that the edges of the noodles are on top like this picture shows here.
Repeat with the remaining noodles and place the ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes and dinner is done!
ONe of my favorite parts about any baked pasta recipe is the crunchy pasta that’s usually found on top. Whether it’s a Cheesy Baked Ziti or a casserole of Stuffed Shells…but I found out recently that not everyone likes the crunchy pasta!!!
Mind blown, I do have to say…I honestly can’t imagine someone NOT liking the crunchy pasta on top! BUT I do aim to please, so if you are on team-not-crunchy then simply cover the ramekins with foil before baking. Soft pasta all around.
Another addition we like to add to this lasagna recipe is mozzarella cheese on top. A big, melty layer of cheese never hurt anyone, I say. But there’s another weird thing, some people don’t like all that cheese…like our own kids, for instance.
But you can add the mozzarella cheese to each individual serving or not, which is another reason we love making this individual lasagna recipe!
Looking For More Pasta Recipes?
- Pasta Carbonara
- Penne with Vodka Sauce
- Homemade Bolognese Sauce over Pasta
- Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini
- Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Spaghetti Casserole
Individual Lasagna Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
This fun, individual lasagna recipe can be served as a side dish or the main course!
- 2 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles, dried well
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage (if using sausage remove from casings)
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Extra grated parmesan cheese for topping and fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Mix the ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, egg, parsley and parmesan cheese together in a small bowl.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the beef or sausage and break up with a spoon. Cook until browned through and then drain any drippings from the skillet.
- Pour in the tomatoes, the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir. Cook over low heat, partially covered for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the noodles on a board and add about 1/4 cup of the ricotta mixture to each noodle, spreading evenly to cover.
- Add 1/4 cup of the meat sauce, again spreading out over the ricotta mixture to cover, then add another 1/4 cup of the ricotta mixture on top of the sauce.
- Place a couple tablespoons of the sauce into each ramekin, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Roll up the noodle carefully, some sauce and cheese will ooze out but just keep rolling. Now add the roll to the ramekin with the edges of the noodles on top. Cover with parmesan cheese and place on a sheet pan. Repeat with the other 5 ramekins.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve. *If you don’t want the edges of the lasagna noodles to be crunchy, cover the ramekins with foil before baking.
You can add shredded mozzarella cheese on top of these lasagna cups too!
Make these ahead of time, even up to a day before then bake per recipe, adding a couple of minutes to the cooking time.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lasagna, individual lasagna, lasagna for one, appetizers, side dishes, main meal, dinner ideas, party food, dinner recipes, pasta recipes