This Garlic Bread Pasta is the most simple, amazing pasta dish I’ve ever made! It’s good warm or even cold even right out of the fridge!
This pasta recipe can also be served as a side dish or the main meal! Meatless Monday has never tasted so good! If you’re really a garlic fan, ad in a loaf of our perfectly crispy, buttery Garlic Bread on the side!
Garlic Bread Pasta Recipe
I’m talking amazing pasta dish. The pasta dish that makes you say buh-bye to that low carb diet thing, at least for the day.
It’s Christie here checking in with you – and this recipe is from my friend Shelly over at Cookies and Cups. She has a new cookbook coming out SOON. Like next week soon. And I’m telling you guys, you need to get this one. It not only has crazy good desserts from cupcakes to cookies to over the top special occasion cakes but it has dinner too.
Not only can she bake but she can rock out a dinner that your whole family will love in no time. Let me take you through how easy this pasta is…start with a few basic ingredients.
How To Make This Pasta Recipe
Boil up your pasta they way you always do and drain it. In the meantime heat up a few tablespoons of butter in a large skillet until it’s melted. Keep cooking the butter while swirling it around the pan so it’s a nice, nutty brown color. Don’t burn it, just get it nice and brown.
Brown butter is a whole different flavor than just regular butter. So nutty and deep in flavor, it adds TONS of flavor to this Garlic Bread Pasta recipe!
Toss in the breadcrumbs and seasonings and stir until the breadcrumbs are completely coated in the butter. Now turn the pan off and set it aside.
Ok here we go, you’re going to melt a whole stick of butter – yes, a whole stick, so don’t skimp here or you’ll regret it – in the same skillet with a few cloves of minced garlic. Here’s another thing, a few cloves of garlic to you and me can mean different things. So you do you.
Pour that garlicky butter all over the cooked pasta and toss it all together with the toasted breadcrumbs. That’s it – Garlic Bread Pasta that tastes just like it came from a restaurant!
Can You Make This Pasta Dish Ahead Of Time?
You can, and like I said before, it’s even good cold right from the fridge. BUT this is one of those recipes that does taste best when it’s first made. The butter will soak up into the pasta so it will dry out a bit upon reheating.
If you do reheat leftovers, add a splash of chicken or vegetable stock or even a little more butter to moisten it back up.
Looking For More Pasta Recipes?Print
This pasta recipe tastes just like a loaf of delicious garlic bread! Top with lots of parmesan cheese!
- 1 lb. cavatappi pasta
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat, continuing to cook the butter until browned and the color of deep amber, constantly swirling the pan so it doesn’t burn.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the breadcrumbs, parsley, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir the breadcrumbs to coat them in the butter and remove from the heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and garlic together. This infuses the butter with the garlic.
- Add the garlic butter to the bowl of pasta and toss to coat completely.
- Toss with the buttered breadcrumbs and add parmesan cheese for garnish (if desired)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American