This Corn Dog Poutine Fries recipe is how we’re saying good bye to summer this year. All of our favorite flavors right here in one appetizer dish! Cheese sauce, corn, hot dogs and fries! What could be better!?
All My Favorite Summer Flavors In One Easy Appetizer
It’s so sad, but it happen every year. The last couple of days of summer are here. I hate saying good-bye to my favorite season of the year but I guess we do have fun things to look forward too later on in the year.
Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas…it’s all good. Family, Fun and Food = all of the things I love. BUT summer is just the best that there is, summer cocktails and grilling, going on a beach vacation or just a trip down the shore which is actually a summer requirement for me.
So to celebrate my favorite season of the year I bring you Corn Dog Poutine Fries.
What Is Poutine?
What’s poutine, you might ask? Basically poutine is a french fry dish that’s covered in cheese curds and gravy, then you can add whatever crazy combination of meats or vegetables or even shrimp that you want to it. Pulled pork poutine is also on of my favorite things…
And the more the better.
How Do You Make This Poutine Recipe?
For this recipe I used a pretty standard cheese sauce, frozen corn (or you can definitely use fresh if you have it) and sliced hot dogs on top of crinkle cut fries. Because crinkle cut fries remind me of the shore and that’s a good thing.
Make a quick cheese sauce by melting butter in a pot and then whisking in flour to make a roux. Pour in milk and bring to a boil. Now add a lot of shredded cheese to melt into the thickened milk and watch the cheese sauce come together. Season the sauce with paprika, salt and dry mustard.
Pile the crispy french fries into individual bowls or a larger platter (even a sheet pan will work for a casual dinner) add the sliced hot dogs and pour that delicious cheese sauce all over the top!
I’m telling you guys, for an easy fun dinner at home, for a kid birthday party or a backyard BBQ, these Corn Dog Poutine Fries are going to be a hit!
Looking For More Fun Dinner Recipes?
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Easy Homemade Spaghettios
- Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
- Copycat Totino’s Pizza Rolls
- Meatball Pizza Quesadillas
This Corn Dog Poutine Fries recipe has all of your favorite flavors right here in one dish! Cheese sauce, corn, hot dogs and fries! What could be better!?
- 6 hot dogs, boiled until warmed through and sliced
- 1 bag frozen french fries (approximately a 2 pound bag)
- 1 (14 oz.) bag frozen corn, cooked according to package directions
For the Cheese Sauce
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Bake the french fries according to the package directions.
- While the fries are baking start to make the cheese sauce by adding the butter to a medium sized pot to melt. Once the butter is melted add in the flour and whisk until smooth. Cook for a minute, then pour in the milk whisking as your pour.
- Bring the mixture to a bubble to thicken, then whisk in the cheese one cup at a time, stirring until smooth after each cup is added.
- Season the sauce with the salt, dry mustard and paprika. Keep warm with the lid on until the fries are done.
- Divide the french fries into 4 bowls or plates, cover with some of the cheese sauce then top with some of the corn and hot dog slices on each plate.
- Drizzle more cheese sauce over the top and serve.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: poutine recipe, poutine fries, easy poutine, how to make poutine, summer recipe, appetizer recipe, side dish recipe, cheese fries