This Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet is a family favorite dinner! An easy, comforting dinner recipe made with just a few pantry ingredients!
We’re keeping things simple with this 5 ingredient dinner recipe! We aren’t counting seasonings, butter or oil since we consider those pantry staples that most of you have on hand. If you need any help with substitutions just let us know, we’re here to help!
What Is A 5 Ingredient Recipe?
It might seem self explanatory, but let’s spell this out a little since this is going to be a part of a new series that we’re doing here!
5 ingredients are the MAIN ingredients that you’ll need to make this recipe. Things that aren’t included are spices and seasonings, butter and oil. Most people have a pantry that’s full of spices and seasonings, so we’re going not going to count those items.
Butter and oil are considered pantry staples too, so those are going to go on the list of ingredients that we aren’t going to include.
The flip side to only listing the main ingredients needed to make these recipes are that you can easily swap out whatever you have on hand. Don’t have garlic powder? Then use fresh garlic, or vise versa. We’ll list all the ingredients and a few swap outs and substitutions as we go, also don’t hesitate to reach out to us and ask for help!
What Are The Ingredients For This Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet?
We’ll list the main ingredients first, then follow up with a list of swap outs!
- Ground Beef
- Tomato Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese
Those are the 5 ingredients that you’ll need to make this Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet, the rest are pantry staples!
Substitution suggestions for this recipe:
- Ground turkey, pork or chicken instead of ground beef
- Crushed tomatoes or a some of your favorite homemade or jarred marinara sauce
- Any type of short tube pasta will do. Even if a long noodle like spaghetti is all you have, you can use it. The pasta cooks separately in this recipe so you can really add whatever you have on hand.
- Any good melting cheese will work, mozzarella, American, Swiss or provolone. Try to use what you have in your kitchen and what you know your family likes!
- Frozen peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, chopped spinach, peppers, mushrooms, diced tomatoes
- Diced avocado
- Shredded Lettuce
- Chopped Pickles
- Sour Cream
How Do You Make This Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet?
For this dinner recipe, we’re going to cook the pasta separately instead of in the skillet. Doing it this way lets you get more creative with the type of pasta that you’re going to be adding, as all shapes have different cooking times.
While the pasta is cooking, add oil and chopped onions to a large, 12″ (or larger) oven proof skillet. Once the onions have softened, add the ground beef to brown, then drain any drippings from the skillet.
Season the beef and onions with a few pantry seasonings, then add the cooked pasta and cheese. Stir together to melt the cheese into the beef (the hot pasta and beef will help this along) then add the tomato sauce and stir to combine.
Top the skillet with cheese and place in the oven for 5-7 minutes just to warm the ingredients and melt the cheese on top. You can also use your broiler for this step!
Can You Make This Pasta Skillet Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! And there’s a couple of ways to do it. First is to make the skillet up until you place it in the broiler or oven to melt the cheese. Then just stash the whole pan in your refrigerator until you’re ready for dinner. Then all you need to do is pop it in the oven for a few minutes and dinner is served!
If you don’t have time to heat up the skillet in the oven before eating, you can cook this recipe all the way through and then reheat it in the microwave when you’re ready. Leftovers are great heated up this way too!
This Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet has already become a family favorite diner recipe for us, and it’s so easy your kids can probably make it themselves! Let us know how you like these 5 Ingredient Recipes, and if we can help you with any swap outs or substitutions!
Looking For More Easy Dinner Recipes?
- Beefy Tomato Soup
- Easy Penne Vodka
- Chicken Francese
- Easy, Juicy Turkey Burgers
- Chinese BBQ Pork Tenderloin
This easy 5 Ingredient Recipe is already a family favorite! This cheesy, beefy pasta skillet has all the comfort food you need with just a few ingredients!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (we used 1 1 /2 pounds but if you only have 1 pound that will work)
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (depending on taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 ounce block cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces cooked short tube pasta like pipette, elbows or rigatoni
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a large, 12″ (or larger) oven proof skillet. Cook the diced onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and brown until no pink remains, then drain any drippings from the skillet.
- Season the beef and onions with salt, pepper, garlic powder and dry mustard and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta and 1 cup of the cheese to the beef, mixing together to start the cheese melting into the beef filling. Stir in the tomato sauce and then top with the remaining cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 5-7 minutes until the beef filling is warned though and the cheese is melted and serve.
You can also use the broiler to melt the cheese at the end of the recipe.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, dinner recipes, easy dinner ideas, skillet dinners, ground beef recipes, pasta recipes, comfort food