This Cheeseburger Pasta is the ultimate comfort food! Only 5 main ingredients needed to get this beefy, cheesy dinner on the table!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (we used 1 1 /2 pounds but if you only have 1 pound that will work)
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (depending on taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 ounce block cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces cooked short tube pasta like pipette, elbows or rigatoni
- Add the olive oil to a large, 12″ (or larger) skillet. Cook the diced onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and brown until no pink remains, then drain any drippings from the skillet.
- Season the beef and onions with salt, pepper, garlic powder and dry mustard and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta and 1 cup of the cheese to the beef, mixing together to start the cheese melting into the beef filling. Stir in the tomato sauce and then top with the remaining cheese.
- Turn the heat to low and cover the skillet until the cheese is melted and the ground beef and pasta are warmed though.
Store: Store leftover cheeseburger pasta in an air tight container in the refrigerator. This pasta will keep for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat leftover pasta in the microwave.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy recipes, ground beef recipes, kid friendly food, comfort food