This Corn Dog Poutine Fries recipe has all of your favorite flavors right here in one dish! Cheese sauce, corn, hot dogs and fries! What could be better!?
- 6 hot dogs, boiled until warmed through and sliced
- 1 bag frozen french fries (approximately a 2 pound bag)
- 1 (14 oz.) bag frozen corn, cooked according to package directions
For the Cheese Sauce
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Bake the french fries according to the package directions.
- While the fries are baking start to make the cheese sauce by adding the butter to a medium sized pot to melt. Once the butter is melted add in the flour and whisk until smooth. Cook for a minute, then pour in the milk whisking as your pour.
- Bring the mixture to a bubble to thicken, then whisk in the cheese one cup at a time, stirring until smooth after each cup is added.
- Season the sauce with the salt, dry mustard and paprika. Keep warm with the lid on until the fries are done.
- Divide the french fries into 4 bowls or plates, cover with some of the cheese sauce then top with some of the corn and hot dog slices on each plate.
- Drizzle more cheese sauce over the top and serve.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: poutine recipe, poutine fries, easy poutine, how to make poutine, summer recipe, appetizer recipe, side dish recipe, cheese fries