This Chicken Marsala Burger is a fun twist on my favorite dinner, chicken marsala! This juicy chicken burger is topped with mushrooms and cheese!
A Juicy Chicken Burger With Marsala Mushrooms
I’m not kidding when I say that I order chicken marsala all the time. There’s certain restaurants that we go to that make it so good I just can’t help myself.
I get it every time. So why not turn all those flavors into another favorite meal of mine – this Chicken Marsala Burger. That’s my other staple when I’m not sure how the food is going to be at a restaurant…I keep it simple sometimes.
How Do You Make This Chicken Burger Recipe?
I’m going to start by making the mushrooms topping for my burger. The mushrooms are pretty simple, melt some butter in a pan and then add the mushrooms and cook them down. When they’re about done your going to pour in a good amount of marsala wine.
You can put them aside and get started on the chicken burger. OK, so let’s all agree that ground chicken in burger form (or any form) can get a little dry, right? I have the answer for that – you just need to add a big scoop of mayonnaise. The mayo keeps these chicken burgers juicy and also gives them great flavor.
Get your hands in there and mix that all up – make sure all your ingredients are mixed in really good and then form them into 6 oz. patties.
Now it’s time to fire up the grill – get it nice and hot and spray it with cooking spray. You’re going to need to give it a good coating so the chicken burgers don’t stick. Now don’t move them for 4 minutes. Flip them over and they look like this. Perfect grill marks on side one – and now it’s time for the cheese!
I grabbed Kraft White American Deli Deluxe singles for these burgers…two slices per burger.
Did I mention the fries yet? What’s the perfect side for a hamburger? A french fry obviously. I used my favorite store bought french fries and made a quick mustard marsala aioli for dipping. Sounds fancy, right? Well, it’s not. It’s only four ingredients.
Another big scoop of Kraft Mayo, mustard, marsala wine and minced onion. Whisk together and chill. Fry sauce done.
Now that’s a dinner that looks like you ordered it out at your favorite burger place. Seriously juicy chicken burger, marsala mushrooms, lots of cheese and a little bit of that salad I grabbed for garnish on the bun.
Looking For More Burger Recipes?Print
This super juicy chicken burger is topped with marsala mushrooms and lots of cheese!
For the burgers
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 slices of white American Cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- lettuce or flat-leaf parsley for garnish
For the mushrooms
- 16 oz. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the mustard marsala aioli
- 1/2 cup mayonniase
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- pinch of salt
- Melt the butter in a large skillet until bubbling then add in the sliced the mushrooms.
- Cook for 10 minutes until browned, stirring often.
- Add in the marsala wine to deglaze the pan, stir, and then add the oyster sauce and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Put all of the ingredients (except the buns and lettuce) for the chicken burgers into a large bowl.
- Mix together with your hands and then form into 6 oz. patties. It helps if you spray your hands with cooking spray before you make the patties so the chicken doesn’t stick.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Spray your grill with cooking spray and then add the chicken burgers.
- Grill for four minutes per side and then add two slices of cheese to each burger and close the lid to melt the cheese for one minute.
- Place some lettuce or parsley on the bottom of each bun.
- Put a chicken burger on top and then cover with a big scoop of the mushrooms.
- Serving Size: 6
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hamburger recipe, chicken burger recipe, marsala, dinner ideas, grilling recipes, dinner recipes
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, but all opinions here are mine.