This Cheesy BBQ Chicken Dip is always a hit at parties! Use a rotisserie chicken or any leftover chicken to get this dip together in just minutes!
An Addicting BBQ Chicken Dip Recipe
To go along with all those cocktails we need food…lots of food…and that’s where this dip comes in.
Buffalo Chicken Dip is always a big hit. I like to switch things up a little and make them my own so in ours I swapped out regular cream cheese with jalapeño cream cheese just to make it a little bit spicier. It was like that kind of heat that makes you want to keep diving in for more…and guzzling a few more beers as you go.
This Cheesy BBQ Chicken Dip is just as addictive, but in a different way.
How To Make Cheesy BBQ Chicken Dip
To make this dip you’ll need about 1/2 pound of shredded chicken mixed together with cream cheese, corn, grated cheddar cheese some scallions and of course the BBQ sauce.
I used Stubb’s Sweet Heat BAR-B-Q sauce for this dip – it was the perfect amount of sweet and spicy that this recipe needed. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes and it’ll come out pipping hot and ready for dipping…
Seriously so good. I decided to use pita chips for this dip since they’re a little stronger than a tortilla chip and will hold up to all the chicken and corn and cream cheese going on…nothing worse than your chip breaking off every time you go in for a scoop.
And whatever sauce you have left in the bottle goes on your grilled chicken for dinner! Always thinking ahead for you…enjoy!
Looking For More Dip Recipes?Print
This easy chicken dip is covered in a layer of mozzarella cheese! This dip is always a hit at parties!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, finely shredded or diced chicken
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce, your favorite kind
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Pita or tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, corn, BBQ sauce, 1/2 c. of the cheddar cheese, and the salt and pepper to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour into an 8″ x 8″ baking dish, top with the other half of the cheddar cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until the center is hot and the cheese is bubbling.
- Top with the scallions and serve with pita or tortilla chips.
This recipe can easily be doubled and cooked in a larger baking dish!
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken recipe, easy chicken recipe, appetizer recipe, dip recipe, hot dip, cheesy dip