Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade is a refreshing cocktail made with blackberries, bourbon and pink lemonade! Make one glass or a whole pitcher for a party!
We do love adding fresh fruit and berries to our cocktails! Also check out this RumChata Blackberry Fool, also made with fresh blackberries and creamy RumChata! For another cocktail twist with blackberries try this Blackberry Whiskey Sour, one of my summer time favorites!
What Kind Of Bourbon Should I Use To Make This Drink Recipe?
I’m not going to go so far as to say any kind you want…but any kind you like. The most important part about making mixed cocktails like this Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade is to like whatever alcohol that you’re adding to it.
For instance, don’t go grabbing a bottom shelf bourbon or whiskey that tastes horrible just because you’re adding lemonade and other ingredients. Because then you will have a cocktail that doesn’t taste so great. On the other hand you don’t want to use that top shelf good sipping bourbon for a mixed drink recipe like this one, either.
So use something in between. A bourbon that you enjoy drinking on its own but also doesn’t break the bank.
How To Make Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade
This bourbon lemonade is so easy to make, you can make it per glass or make a whole pitcher for a party!
- Start by muddling a few blackberries in the bottom of a mason jar or a high ball glass.
- Pour in bourbon, lemonade and triple sec and stir.
- Add ice and add lemon slices and fresh blackberries for garnish.
Can I Use Whiskey In This Bourbon Drink?
Absolutely. It’s really about following the proportions listed here in this Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade drink recipe and swapping out what you like. Whiskey and bourbon are pretty interchangeable when it comes to making mixed drinks like this one.
Other ingredients that you can add or swap out in this bourbon lemonade are raspberries, strawberries, all lemon, pink lemonade or other flavored lemonade. You can also try topping this drink off with seltzer!
Looking For More Bourbon and Whiskey Cocktails?
- Pineapple Whiskey Lemonade
- Bourbon Grapefruit Sidecar
- Crown Apple Cocktail
- Campfire Milk Punch
- Sazarac Cocktail Recipe
Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
This super refreshing bourbon lemonade is kicked up with muddled fresh blackberries! You can make this bourbon drink recipe per glass or in a whole pitcher for a party!
- 6 fresh blackberries (plus more for garnish)
- 2 ounces bourbon or whiskey
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/3 cup store bought lemonade
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Sugar mixed with lemon zest for rimming the glass
- To rim the glass (optional) rub the rim of your glass in lemon juice and then roll the rim in sugar.
- Muddle a few blackberries in the bottom of a mason jar or a high ball glass. You can use the bottom of a wooden spoon to smash the berries.
- Pour in the bourbon, triple sec and lemonade and stir.
- Fill with ice and add lemon slices and fresh blackberries for garnish.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bourbon drinks, bourbon cocktails, happy hour drinks, cocktail recipes, bourbon lemonade, whiskey lemonade, drink recipes, drinks made with bourbon, drinks made with lemonade, cocktail recipes with blackberries