This RumChata Blackberry Fool drink is so delicious! The tart flavor the blackberries add to this RumChata cocktail is out of this world!
We love making all kinds of cocktails with RumChata! Try our Cinnamon Toast Crunch or this Campfire Milk Punch (awesome for tailgating or sitting by a bonfire) Or for a summer time dessert, this Blueberry Granita is going to steal the show!
RumChata is one of those spirits that just works all the time. You can make a RumChata drink for any season, any holiday or just sitting back and sipping on glass of it straight up.
This RumChata Blackberry Fool drink was inspired by a dessert I had recently, a raspberry fool. A raspberry fool is a no-bake dessert with fresh raspberries, cream and a little bit of booze. So I swapped out the raspberries for blackberries in this cocktail and of course, we’ve got the booze covered.
Ingredients To Make This RumChata Blackberry Fool:
- RumChata: RumChata is a creamy, vanilla flavored spirit that mixes very well in a lot of cocktail recipes
- Blackberry Liquor: There are many different brands of blackberry liquor at the liquor store, just grab one that fits into your price range!
- Fresh Blackberries: Fresh blackberries are a must for this recipe! In a pinch you can swap out frozen but the flavor is so much better with fresh.
The RumChata is standing in for the cream and the booze, and I feel like it’s creamy enough on it’s own so there’s no need to add more cream to the drink.
Also we’ve got blackberry brandy that is muddled up with fresh blackberries that goes on the bottom of this cocktail, you can stir it in or leave it on the bottom so you get a little with every sip.
What Other Kinds Of Berries Can You Use In This RumChata Drink?
You can use lots of different types of berries in this drink! Raspberries, of course. Blueberries or strawberries will work too! Try adding fresh herbs for an extra level of flavor like mint or rosemary even.
What you want to stay away from is citrus when mixing with RumChata but I think we’ve got enough to choose from!
So after you get the blackberries muddled with the liquor, add a couple of tablespoons to the bottom of a glass then pour in RumChata to top it off.
Can You Make This Drink Recipe Ahead Of Time?
If you’re mixing these drinks up for a party and maybe need a bigger batch you can do most of the work ahead of time. This is also a really fun cocktail for tailgating or bringing to a friends house, so the more you can do in advance the better!
Muddle the berries with the blackberry liquor and then stash those into a container or a large pitcher, depending on how many you are making. Grab your bottle of RumChata and head out the door.
When you’re ready to serve just add the RumChata to the muddled blackberries and blackberry liquor and serve! Garnish with more fresh berries and/or fresh mint if you like!
The perfectly smooth, creamy texture of this drink really makes it a great cocktail for any time of the year. Swap out the berries like we mentioned before to add what’s in season and then switch our the liquor accordingly.
There’s pretty much a fruit flavored liquor for every type of fruit and berry…so you can find an appropriate combination for almost anything!
Looking For More RumChata Drink Recipes?
- RumChata Cherry Pie Martini
- Black and White Cookie Shots
- RumChata Double Chocolate After Dinner Drink
- Mississippi Mud Pie Martini
This RumChata drink is going to be a hit at any party! Serve this up as a dessert cocktail or a fun, signature cocktail!
- 8 fresh blackberries
- 1/2 ounce blackberry liquor
- 4 ounces RumChata
- Add the blackberries to a small bowl along with the blackberry liquor. Muddle until the berries are broken down but not completely liquid.
- Add the berry mixture to the bottom of a cocktail glass.
- Top the berry mixture with crushed ice, then pour in the RumChata to top off the glass.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rumchata drinks, rumchata cocktails, dessert cocktails, drinks with rumchata, blackberry liquor, cocktail recipes, drink recipes