This Artichoke Pesto Pasta is a one skillet dinner that’s loaded with vegetables! This pasta recipe is perfect for your Meatless Monday dinner!
Artichoke Pesto Pasta Recipe
We took a short cut with this recipe and used a jarred artichoke pesto from Trader Joe’s but you can grab your favorite jar of pesto, or whip up a batch of your own. Today we’re just keeping it simple and taking some store-bought help.
Christie always looks for “Meatless Monday” dinner options for the family…I’m OK with a meatless meal every now and then but every single time she makes one I say something like “This would be awesome with sausage in it”.
Or the same sentence swapped out with chicken…whatever I think would go better. Basically I try and sabotage every meatless meal she tries to put on he table.
So…even though I still say that this pasta would taste awesome with spicy sausage it tastes pretty darn good all on it’s own too.
You can also easily adapt this recipe to your liking, or anything you’ve got going on in the fridge. It can definitely be a clean the fridge out recipe if you need it to be…grilled chicken, ham, different vegetables.
Ingredients For Artichoke Pesto Pasta
- Tube Shaped Pasta
- Artichoke Hearts
- Artichoke Pesto
- Cherry tomatoes
You can switch up these ingredients to your liking. If you don’t like olives, just omit them. Also there’s tons of vegetables that you can add in or swap out.
Peas, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, pretty much anything will work in this pasta dish. Just make sure if you add a firm vegetable you cook it down with the onion to soften it first.
The pasta shape we used is called campanelle, but again, you can swap that out for penne or rigatoni and even bow ties.
BONUS!!! If you can’t find artichoke pesto, you can use this Artichoke Walnut Pesto recipe instead. The walnuts add a delicious flavor to this pasta recipe.
Looking For More Pasta Recipes?Print
This Artichoke Pesto Pasta is one of our favorite meat-free dinners! Big flavors from artichoke hearts and pesto tossed with pasta and cheese!
- 16 ounces tube shaped pasta, cooked according to the package directions and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (3.8 oz.) sliced black olives
- 6 ounce jar of artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 12 ounce jar of artichoke pesto
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes, cooking for 3-4 minutes until they soften. Add the olives, artichoke hearts, parsley and pasta to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Stir in the pesto and asiago cheese. Add the salt and pepper, taste for seasonings and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American