This Artichoke Pesto Pasta is a one skillet dinner that’s loaded with vegetables! This pasta recipe is perfect for your Meatless Monday dinner!
We took a short cut with this recipe and used a jarred artichoke pesto from Trader Joe’s but you can grab your favorite jar of pesto, or whip up a batch of your own. Today we’re just keeping it simple and taking some store-bought help.
Christie always looks for “Meatless Monday” dinner options for the family…I’m OK with a meatless meal every now and then but every single time she makes one I say something like “This would be awesome with sausage in it” Or the same sentence swapped out with chicken…whatever I think would go better. Basically I try and sabotage every meatless meal she tries to put on he table.
So…even though I still say that this pasta would taste awesome with spicy sausage it tastes pretty darn good all on it’s own too.
You can also easily adapt this recipe to your liking, or anything you’ve got going on in the fridge. It can definitely be a clean the fridge out recipe if you need it to be…grilled chicken, ham, different vegetables.
The method here is really cooking the pasta in the chicken broth. Obviously doing it this way adds a ton more flavor than just boiling your pasta in water and you save a whole big pot to wash so it’s a win win.
Once the pasta is cooked you can start adding in the rest of the ingredients…in this case the artichoke pesto, artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes and cheese.
Stir it all together and dinner is served!
Looking For More Pasta Recipes?Print
A one skillet meatless meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1 lb. tube shaped pasta
- 1 can (3.8 oz.) sliced black olives
- 3 T. chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz. jar of artichoke hearts
- 12 oz. jar of artichoke pesto
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 c. shredded asiago cheese
- Pour the chicken stock into a 13″ round skillet.
- Slowly add in the pasta, stir and bring to a boil.
- Stir again, turn the heat down to a simmer then cover the skillet and cook the pasta for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the lid and stir the pasta making sure it’s not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan except for the asiago cheese, stir to combine and cook another 8-10 minutes until the pasta is through.
- Top with the asiago cheese and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta recipe, vegetarian recipe, easy dinner recipes, artichoke hearts, dinner ideas, one skillet pasta recipes