This Slow Cooker Captain and Coke Glazed Ham is not only completely and totally delicious, but it will add a little fun to your Holiday dinner!
Now I’m not saying that you need more fun at your Holiday dinners, your dinner might be fun just as it is…but I think dinner parties could always use some more fun. Like this kicked up ham with a boozy Captain and Coke glaze…
Now that’s a good time.
Not only is this the most delicious ham you’ll ever eat, (and we’ve got a few pretty awesome ham recipes like these Ham Carnitas) but it’s so easy to make you’ll be making it over and over again.
I mean slow cooker recipes are the way to go for the Holidays, am I right?
You’ve got all the sides and desserts going on – making sure your guests have full drinks in hand – not so easy around some of my family members – that’s a whole job in itself. But a job I’ll gladly accept.
So being able to throw the main course in a slow cooker and forget about it until it’s done – priceless.
All there is to do for this Slow Cooker Captain and Coke Glazed Ham is make the glaze, pour it over the ham and press the button on your slow cooker to get it going.
This glaze is boozy, yes, but don’t worry about it for the kids, this ham cooks for 6 hours in a slow cooker…there’s not going to be any alcohol left in there, just the sweet rum and coke flavor left behind.
And of course I’ve got to top it off with a few lime slices because it wouldn’t be a Captain and Coke without the lime.
Here’s how it goes…
Make the glaze in a small saucepan, cooking the Coke, brown sugar, mustard and rum until it’s thick and syrupy.
Attach a few lime slices to your ham with a few cloves, get it in your slow cooker, then pour half of the glaze on the ham.
Cook the ham for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high, then take the ham out of the slow cooker, remove the lime slices and pour the rest of the glaze all over the top.
How could it get any easier than that?
And I can promise you, it won’t get any tastier than that either.
- 4-6 lb. spiral sliced ham
- 2 (8 oz.) cans of Coke
- 1/2 cup Captain Morgan Rum
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 limes, zested and sliced
- About 20 cloves
- Place 1 can of Coke, the rum, brown sugar and dijon mustard in a small saucepan.
- Stir and cook until sugar is dissolved and glaze is thickened, about 10 minutes. (glaze will also thicken as it cools)
- Pour the other can of Coke in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Take the lime slices and attach them to the ham with the cloves, spacing them around the ham.
- Place the ham in the slow cooker with the Coke, then pour half of the glaze over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3.
- Remove the ham from the slow cooker, pour the other half of the glaze on top (or serve on the side) then top with lime zest.
If you have a larger ham, double the ingredients (or triple) for the glaze and cook for 8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.