This Slow Cooker Captain and Coke Glazed Ham has the most amazing flavor! Add a little fun to your holiday dinner with this unique ham recipe!
A Boozy, Crock Pot Ham RecipeBoozy, crock pot ham? Now that’s a good time. Not only is this the most delicious ham you’ll ever eat, (and we’ve got a few pretty awesome ham recipes like this Brown Butter Baked Ham but it’s so easy to make you’ll be making it over and over again.
I mean slow cooker recipes are the way to go for the holidays, am I right?
You’ve got all the sides and desserts going on – making sure your guests have full drinks in hand – not so easy around some of my family members – that’s a whole job in itself. So being able to throw the main course in a slow cooker and forget about it until it’s done, that’s priceless.
Ingredients For This Slow Cooker Captain and Coke Glazed Ham
Obviously you’ll need a ham to make this crock pot recipe, but here’s a brief ingredients list just so you know what you’ll need to get started!
- Spiral Sliced Ham
- Coke (can also substitute any other dark cola)
- Brown Sugar
- Dijon Mustard
Can You Make This Ham Recipe Without The Rum?
You can, yes. You can substitute the 1/2 cup of rum for orange juice or apple juice or just leave it out all together. Really, the alcohol will cook off, especially as long as this slow cooker ham recipe cooks for but I get that some people don’t like to cook with alcohol.
But then again you probably wouldn’t have landed on this recipe if that was the case! But there are options here, we like to have options.
How Do You Make This Crock Pot Ham?
Start by making the glaze in a small saucepan. Add the Coke, brown sugar, mustard and rum and simmer until you have a thick and syrupy glaze.
All there is to do for this Slow Cooker Captain and Coke Glazed Ham is make the glaze, pour it over the ham and press the button on your slow cooker to get it going.
This glaze is boozy, yes, but don’t worry about it for the kids, this ham cooks for 6 hours in a slow cooker…there’s not going to be any alcohol left in there, just the sweet rum and coke flavor left behind.
And of course we’re going to top it off with a few lime slices because it wouldn’t be a Captain and Coke without the lime. Attach a few lime slices to your ham with a few cloves, get the ham in your slow cooker, then pour half of the glaze on the ham.
Cook the ham for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high, then take the ham out of the slow cooker, remove the lime slices and pour the rest of the glaze all over the top.
How could it get any easier than that? A dinner that cooks by itself!
And I can promise you, it won’t get any tastier than that either. You might be worried about the lime flavor in this ham recipe but I promise you, it works. And if you really don’t want the lime flavor then you can swap out the lime slices for sweeter orange slices.
What Can You Serve With This Ham Recipe?
- There’s so many options as far as side dishes go. Most things go with ham, especially a boozy fun ham recipe like this one!
- Spicy Mushroom Rice
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Creamed Spaghetti Squash with Bacon and Gruyere
- Stuffed Artichokes
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- 15 Minute Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
Recipes To Make With Leftover HamPrint
This crock pot ham recipe is going to be a hit at your next party! A sweet, boozy glaze tops this sliced ham with such a unique flavor, everyone will be asking for the recipe!
- 4–6 lb. spiral sliced ham
- 2 (8 oz.) cans of Coke
- 1/2 cup Captain Morgan Rum
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 limes, zested and sliced
- About 20 cloves
- Place 1 can of Coke, the rum, brown sugar and dijon mustard in a small saucepan.
- Stir and cook until sugar is dissolved and glaze is thickened, about 10 minutes. (glaze will also thicken as it cools)
- Pour the other can of Coke in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Take the lime slices and attach them to the ham with the cloves, spacing them around the ham.
- Place the ham in the slow cooker with the Coke, then pour half of the glaze over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3.
- Remove the ham from the slow cooker, pour the other half of the glaze on top (or serve on the side) then top with lime zest.
If you have a larger ham, you can double the ingredients (or triple) for the glaze and cook for 8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
The servings size listed is for a 6 pound ham.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker ham, crock pot ham, ham recipes, spiral sliced ham, holiday recipes