Tortilla Crusted Taco Shrimp are the tasty appetizers to serve at your next party! These crunchy shrimp are coated in crushed tortilla chips!
A Crispy, Baked Shrimp Recipe
While I’ll never turn down a delicious fried shrimp or really anything fried…sometimes it’s nice to have a healthier recipe in your back pocket like this Tortilla Crusted Taco Shrimp. This oven baked shrimp is coated in flavorful tortilla chips instead of plain breadcrumbs and seasoned with taco seasoning to really kick up that Tex-Mex flavor!
We like serving this baked shrimp in little cups filled with Homemade Guacamole for parties, or you can serve them for dinner in a larger portion. For dinner you could serve this shrimp with Spanish Rice on the side or Crispy Shoestring French Fries! That would make for an awesome dinner all around.
How To Make Tortilla Crusted Taco Shrimp
Start of by seasoning the shrimp with salt and taco seasoning. Season the shrimp generously so that they have tons of flavor when you bite into them! Next it’s time to crush your tortilla chips.
For this tortilla baked shrimp recipe we used plain tortilla chips but the options here are pretty open. Try a spicy tortilla chip, a cheese tortilla chip and even those Ranch flavored tortilla chips. All would be super delicious.
After you season the shrimp, dip them in flour, then beaten eggs and then roll them around in the crushed tortilla chips to coat. You want to press the tortilla chips onto the shrimp to make sure you get a nice solid coating.
Place the shrimp on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, turning once over in between the cooking time to make sure you’re getting the shrimp nice and crispy on both sides.
So like we mentioned before, you can serve this baked shrimp in small cups with guacamole for parties, or in a larger portion for dinner. This is an example of how we serve this recipe as appetizers for parties. Everyone loves when we serve this shrimp appetizer, it’s fun to look at and even more fun to eat!
Of course, you can use a store bought guacamole for serving this shrimp appetizer, but making homemade guacamole is so easy and tastes SO much better than store bought, we hardly ever use it. But in a pinch, if you can’t find any ripe avocados at the store just grab your favorite brand.
Looking For More Shrimp Recipes?Print
These crunchy, baked shrimp are flavored with taco seasoning and served in a guacamole cup for dipping!
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp, deveined with tail left on
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Guacamole for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the shrimp with the taco seasoning and the salt, tossing to coat.
- Place the flour in one bowl, the eggs in another bowl and the crushed tortilla chips a third bowl.
- Add the seasoned shrimp to the flour, tapping to get the excess flour off and then dip the shrimp in the eggs, and finally the tortilla chips. Make sure to press the chips onto the shrimp to get a nice even coating.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Add the shrimp in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes. Remove the sheet pan from the oven, flip the shrimp over and bake another 7-8 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
- Serve the shrimp with guacamole on the side or in a cup for dipping.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp recipes, appetizer recipes, baked shrimp, oven fried, easy appetizer ideas
This post has been brought to you by our friends at Honest Cooking Magazine, all opinions here are mine.