This Crispy Baked Shrimp Scampi Recipe is an easy seafood dinner to make at home! Butter, garlic and a crispy topping make this shrimp recipe a favorite!
A Simple Shrimp Recipe For Parties or Dinner At Home
Crispy Baked Shrimp Scampi is going to be a huge hit for dinner on any night and it’s also an impressive dinner recipe to serve to guests!
The nice thing about this shrimp scampi is that it’s rich and garlicky, so even two pounds of shrimp is going to serve a crowd. Just add a crisp salad and a rice dish on the side and dinner is served.
You can also make this shrimp recipe ahead of time, which is a bonus for entertaining or just family dinners. All you need to do right before dinner is pop this shrimp in the oven for about 12-15 minutes. I like turning the broiler on, too for just a minute or two to get the breadcrumb topping really crispy, but that’s totally optional!
How Do You Make Shrimp Scampi?
There’s basically two different ways to make shrimp scampi. With or without the crispy breadcrumb topping. We LOVE the texture that the panko breadcrumbs add to this rich shrimp dish, so we prefer the breadcrumb version of the recipe which is typically oven baked.
Shrimp scampi recipes without breadcrumb toppings are also great for a lower carb version of the recipe or for tossing with pasta dishes. This version is usually cooked in a skillet simply with butter and garlic and garnished with parsley.
Also what I like about the oven version of this shrimp recipe is that you can make it ahead of time then bake it off right before dinner. Either way it’s a very simple dish to make for dinner, and one that will always get rave reviews.
Don’t you just love how the perfectly cooked shrimp is swimming in that garlic butter sauce and the breadcrumb topping is super crispy? I know I keep saying “crispy” but it’s just so delicious. We like to place the baking dish right on the table so that everyone can serve themselves and also dip some bread into that butter…
I mean, honestly guys, don’t leave any of that sauce behind. It’s one of the reasons why people love shrimp scampi so much…all the buttterrrrrrrr. So we serve it, pour some sauce over our bowls and then grab some bread for dipping, too.
Yes, this is a rich calorie filled shrimp recipe, I get it. obviously we’re not making shrimp scampi weekly for dinner, but we do make it pretty often! Everything in moderation, right? Even super buttery, garlic shrimps.
Looking for More Shrimp Recipes?
- Shrimp & Cashew Stir Fry
- Piña Colada Shrimp Kabobs
- Thai Shrimp Meatballs
- Spicy Drunken Shrimp
- Shrimp & Artichoke Pasta
This classic shrimp recipe is made even better by adding a crispy breadcrumb topping!
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
For The Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For The Breadcrumb Topping:
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Add the shrimp, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley and lemon juice to a bowl. Mix together and let the shrimp marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, make the breadcrumb topping by mixing together the breadcrumbs, melted butter, salt, red pepper, garlic, parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Pour the shrimp and the marinade into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and then cover with the breadcrumb topping.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the shrimp are pink then place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with more chopped parsley and crushed red pepper if desired and serve.
If you’re making this ahead of time, take the shrimp our of the refrigerator and bring to room temperature for 15 minutes before baking.
Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the shrimp you are using.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp scampi recipe, shrimp recipe, seafood recipe, easy dinner recipe, easy dinners, oven baked shrimp