Short Cut Beef Braciole takes some help from the store! Comfort food meals don’t always have to take all day, serve this braciole with pasta or salad!
Recipes like this beef braciole can show up on my dinner table any time of the year! Try some of our other favorite comfort food recipes like this Classic Beef Lasagna or a big pot of Grandma’s Meatballs and Sauce!
A Smart Recipe Hack To Save Time
I do love having something going in the oven or on top of the stove for hours cooking away like this Beefy French Onion Soup recipes does…the way it makes the whole house smell good and keeps you counting the minutes until dinner is ready. But let’s face it, we don’t always have time for dinners like that.
I feel like these days we hardly ever have time for dinners like that…so instead of going to the same quick and easy recipes over and over or ordering take out, you need a short cut.
This Short Cut Beef Braciole recipe is pretty genius if you ask me. The meat comes out just as tender as if you braised a whole cut of meat for hours.
Just head right to your deli counter and have them slice you some roast beef about 1/8″ thick. They’ll look at you like you’re crazy, because everyone seems to want their deli meat sliced really thin…but for this recipe you need it thick.
How To Make Short Cut Beef Braciole
Roll each slice of roast beef up with mozzarella cheese, roasted red peppers and fresh basil. You can switch up the filling too but this filling combination is one of our favorites.
Season the rolls with salt and pepper, and then sear them in a skillet over medium high heat to get them nice and brown. Use olive oil or butter to sear the rolls, whichever you prefer.
Some of the cheese is going to try and ooze out, no worries, there’s enough in there to stay!
Next cover the beef rolls with marinara sauce. You can use your own homemade sauce or your favorite jarred sauce. Often we’ll have some of our homemade sauce frozen but if not, store bought works just fine.
Then into the oven to bake! This easy dinner recipe is only going to take about 30 minutes to cook and the meat is going to be just as tender as if you cooked it for hours in the oven.
Serve these beef rolls with spaghetti or ziti on the side and you’ve got a crazy good, Sunday feeling dinner on any night of the week!
Looking For More Dinner Recipes?
- Philly Cheesesteak Fried Rice
- Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- Easy Turkey Bolognese
- Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers
This short cut recipe turns a low and slow comfort food dinner into a quick and easy weeknight meal using a hack right from the deli counter!
- 8 slices rare roast beef from the deli (you’ll want the slices to be about 1/8″ thick)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kitchen twine for tying up the rolls
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay out a slice of roast beef and cover with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Add two slices of roasted red peppers and 2 fresh basil leaves on top of the cheese.
- Carefully roll up the beef, keeping the filling inside, and tie with two pieces of kitchen twine.
- Repeat with the remaining slices of roast beef until you have 8 beef rolls.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet.
- Sear the rolls on both sides, cooking or 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Add a cup of sauce to the bottom of a rectangular baking dish, large enough to hold all 8 rolls, then place the rolls on top of the sauce.
- Pour the rest of the sauce on top of the rolls, cover the baking dish with foil and place into the oven.
- Cook for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
There will be plenty of sauce in the baking dish if you are going to serve this braciole with pasta.
Remember to cut the strings off before serving!
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top/oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: braciole, easy recipes, short cuts, beef recipes, dinner recipes, italian food, recipe hacks