These Sheet Pan Loaded Brussels Sprouts are so cheesy and addicting! This recipe is guaranteed to turn you into a brussels sprout fan!
If you love brussels sprouts as much as we do, try our BEST BRUSSELS SPROUTS CASSEROLE, or these super easy CROCK POT CRISPY BRUSSELS SPROUTS! Or keep it basic with our EASY ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS recipe.
How Do You Make These Brussels Sprouts So Crispy?
Super crispy sprouts, but still tender on the inside…that’s a perfectly cooked sprout if you ask me.
It’s kind of magical, and I can promise you – there won’t be many people that will turn down these loaded brussels sprouts. Because, let’s say you don’t like brussels sprouts, what’s the best way to make the flavor better???
Topping them with cheese and bacon. That’s a flavor explosion no matter what you put it on.
Here’s a few tricks to making crispy, super yummy sprouts:
- Cook them at 400 degrees, not to high and not to low
- Toss them in oil, but not drowning in oil so that they fry or burn
- Leave them be. Don’t toss the sprouts, let them crisp up in the sheet pan by not moving them
What Can You Serve With Brussels Sprouts?
These babies are good all on their own, I’m telling you – you can make a meal out of this roasted vegetable recipe. BUT I’m sure your family doesn’t just want brussels sprouts for dinner so I’ll give you some help there.
We love serving these sprouts with any kind of STEAK RECIPE. Just like a decadent side dish at a steak house, this cheesy vegetable side dish recipe is definitely on the menu.
There’s way too many options to list, but those will give you a good start. Now – if you want to really have fun with this brussels sprouts recipe, let’s start swapping out the toppings…
Instead of mozzarella you can use cheddar or Monterey Jack (pepper jack would be awesome) or really any kid of melting cheese that you like. Gruyere would also be fantastic.
Not a bacon fan? Well, there goes our friendship. But really, I know not everyone loves bacon. Just leave it off if you want to keep this recipe vegetarian. Or you can add crumbled sausage, diced ham or prosciutto.
This brussel sprout side dish is one that you want to make right before serving, but it’s so easy it won’t take you any time at all. Have the bacon cooked and chopped ahead of time and your cheese grated so all your ingredients are ready to go.
We serve these Sheet Pan Loaded Brussels Sprouts right on the sheet pan from the oven. No need to get them into a serving dish, because you’d be leaving all those crispy cheese bits behind!
Looking For More Side Dish Recipes?
- OVEN ROASTED BALSAMIC ASPARAGUS
- ROASTED RADISHES IN BACON CREAM SAUCE
- GRANDMA’S BEST STUFFED ARTICHOKES
- SPICY MUSHROOM RICE
This over the top roasted brussels sprouts recipe is going to turn anyone into a sprouts lover!
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, washed, stems trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the brussels sprouts in the oil then add to a sheet pan. Add salt and pepper to taste, then roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the sprouts are fork tender.
- Add the cheese and bacon to the top of the brussels sprouts, then place the pan back into the oven for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brussels sprouts, brussels sprouts recipe, side dish recipe, vegetables, vegetable side dish, low carb recipe, brussel sprouts