Sausage Spaghetti Squash with Apple Cider Glaze is made with Italian sausage, parmesan cheese and apple cider. A delicious fall inspired dinner!
The BEST Roasted Spaghetti Squash Recipe!
Here we go with another new food for me. Spaghetti squash. Never had it, never really needed to try it…but now. I did. And once again, I loved it.
Christie went with a friend of hers to Napa a few weeks ago and the first night they were there they had dinner at a tapas restaurant. One of the dishes they ordered was spaghetti squash with goat cheese and reduced apple cider and apparently it was one of the best things they ever ate.
So yes, I can take a vegetable side dish and make it super fun and never boring, but this Sausage Spaghetti Squash with Apple Cider Glaze is our main course today and I’m loving it!
How To Make This Sausage Spaghetti Squash Recipe
And this is how it all starts out – roast the squash that you’ve seasoned with salt and pepper and olive oil. You can also check out our easy How To Roast Spaghetti Squash post with some helpful tips….especially on cutting these bad boys in half.
Scrape out the center flesh and seeds with a fork, season with salt and peppers and get into the oven, cut side down.
Make the filling for this roasted spaghetti squash by browning Italian sausage and mixing it together with parmesan cheese, the roasted spaghetti squash strands, red pepper flakes and reduced apple cider.
To reduce the apple cider, simply add apple cider to a small pot, bring to a simmer and let it reduce in half. Usually this will take about 15-20 minutes and you’ll end up with a thicker apple cider, more like a glaze.
Mix the filling together and place it back into the cut spaghetti squash halves and then back into the oven for just about 10 minutes longer.
You Can Leave Out The Sausage To Make A Vegetarian Dish
This Sausage Spaghetti Squash with Apple Cider Glaze would be a perfect side dish to your Thanksgiving dinner, you could even leave out the sausage and make it a vegetarian option if that’s what you’re looking for. But this dish will definitely be a wow factor on any table, Thanksgiving or not.
Or you can swap the sausage out for ground beef, turkey or chicken! This is a really versatile recipe so add the ingredients you have on hand!
Looking For More Spaghetti Squash Recipes?
- Creamed Spaghetti Squash with Bacon and Gruyere
- Chicken Pot Pie Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Sausage & Pepper Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry
- Philly Cheesesteak Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Sausage Spaghetti Squash with Apple Cider Glaze is hitting the dinner table! Made with Italian sausage, parmesan cheese and reduced apple cider, this spaghetti squash is a filling meal.
For Roasting the Squash
- 2 spaghetti squash, split in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
For the Filling
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus and extra 1/2 cup for topping
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cider
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the 4 halves of the spaghetti squash onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Season the spaghetti squash halves with the salt, pepper and olive oil. Place cut sides down and roast for 45 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, brown the sausage in a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the apple cider to a small pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn the heat down to a simmer and reduce for 20 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- When the squash is tender, shred the inside of the squash with a fork until all the strands are separated.
- Place the strands of squash in a large bowl. Add the browned sausage, parmesan cheese and the reduced cider. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the filling into each of the 4 squash halves, top with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven and top with chopped parsley and red pepper flakes if using.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage spaghetti squash, spaghetti squash recipe, how to cook spaghetti squash, best spaghetti squash recipe, low carb recipe, dinner recipes