Sausage Spaghetti Squash with Apple Cider Glaze is hitting the dinner table! Made with Italian sausage, parmesan cheese and reduced apple cider, this spaghetti squash is a filling meal.
For Roasting the Squash
- 2 spaghetti squash, split in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
For the Filling
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus and extra 1/2 cup for topping
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cider
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the 4 halves of the spaghetti squash onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Season the spaghetti squash halves with the salt, pepper and olive oil. Place cut sides down and roast for 45 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, brown the sausage in a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the apple cider to a small pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn the heat down to a simmer and reduce for 20 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- When the squash is tender, shred the inside of the squash with a fork until all the strands are separated.
- Place the strands of squash in a large bowl. Add the browned sausage, parmesan cheese and the reduced cider. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the filling into each of the 4 squash halves, top with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven and top with chopped parsley and red pepper flakes if using.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage spaghetti squash, spaghetti squash recipe, how to cook spaghetti squash, best spaghetti squash recipe, low carb recipe, dinner recipes