Roasted Vegetable Chowder with Kielbasa is the ultimate dinner on a cold night! Oven roasted vegetables give this chowder tons of flavor!
Roasting vegetables definitely kicks the flavor up a bit. Much better (I think) than just boiling or steaming. And then after they’re roasted if you turn them into a chowder? Awesome.
How To Make This Roasted Vegetable Soup Recipe
Start off by chopping and roasting the vegetables.
While they’re roasting add a chopped onion and some garlic to a large pot with olive oil. When the vegetable come out of the oven, add them to the soup pot and then pour in 6 cups of chicken stock.
Let the soup simmer for 30 minutes and then puree using a stick blender. You can also add this in batches to a regular blender, just be careful not to add too much at a time.
Once the soup is blended add a half cup of heavy cream and the sliced kielbasa. You could also use browned italian sausage or shredded chicken. Or you can skip the meat altogether and keep this Roasted Vegetable Chowder with Kielbasa a vegetarian meal.
But definitely have lots of bread for dipping. I’m not even sure we eat soup with spoons around here…just keep dipping in bread until the soup is gone!
Looking For More Soup Recipes?
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Creamy Pumpkin & Sausage Soup
- Hearty Chicken Cacciatore Soup
- Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli
- Creamy Potato & Corned Beef Chowder
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
This healthy, vegetable packed soup recipe only uses a touch of cream!
- 4 large beets, peeled and diced
- 4–5 small white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 14 oz. kielbasa, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the diced potatoes, carrots and beets to a sheet pan and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, one teaspoon of the salt and one teaspoon of the pepper and roast for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, add the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minuets, stirring. Add in the garlic and stir, cooking for 2 minutes more. Add the roasted vegetables to the pot with the onion and garlic and stir.
- Pour in the chicken stock and then add the other teaspoon of salt and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, puree the soup until smooth, then stir in the heavy cream and taste for seasonings.
- Add the sliced kielbasa and heat through for 5 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup recipes, healthy recipes, vegetable soup, recipes with kielbasa, dinner ideas, dinner recipes