This healthy, vegetable packed soup recipe only uses a touch of cream!
- 4 large beets, peeled and diced
- 4–5 small white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 14 oz. kielbasa, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the diced potatoes, carrots and beets to a sheet pan and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, one teaspoon of the salt and one teaspoon of the pepper and roast for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, add the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minuets, stirring. Add in the garlic and stir, cooking for 2 minutes more. Add the roasted vegetables to the pot with the onion and garlic and stir.
- Pour in the chicken stock and then add the other teaspoon of salt and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, puree the soup until smooth, then stir in the heavy cream and taste for seasonings.
- Add the sliced kielbasa and heat through for 5 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup recipes, healthy recipes, vegetable soup, recipes with kielbasa, dinner ideas, dinner recipes