This Ginger Beef and Green Bean Stir Fry is a delicious low carb dinner recipe for the whole family! You can easily add rice or noodles on the side!
As long as you have the right tools and the right ingredients, you can make delicious stir fry recipes right at home.
What Do You Need To Make Stir Fry At Home?
The first things you need is the ingredients. We love making our Homemade Stir Fry Sauce instead of buying it at the store.
Next you need to pick your protein and your vegetables…whatever combination you like!
Finally, you need the right tools for the job. You can absolutely make stir fry in a large skillet but a wok will work the best.
To be totally honest, I prefer eating at home instead of going out to a restaurant. For one, you know you’re getting exactly what you want instead of taking a gamble on ordering a meal out.
How To Cook With A Wok
The first thing to know about using a wok is that you have to get it hot. I mean hot – turn your heat all the way to high and let the wok preheat a few minutes before you add any oil.
The next tip and one of the most important rules is once you get your meat in the wok you need to leave it alone.
I mean – leave it alone.
Don’t stir it, don’t move it around. Don’t even look at it. If you look at it you’re going to want to move it. And moving it too soon won’t get you a good sear on your beef.
Because that’s the best part, those crispy edges on your beef or chicken strips in a stir fry.
After the meat sears, take it out of the wok and add sliced ginger, garlic and the green beans.
Stir fry that a few minutes and then my favorite party of this wok comes into play, the lid.
I know that doesn’t sound very exciting but not every wok comes with a lid like this one does, so you can steam your vegetables right in the pan.
Throw in some water and cover the wok to let the green beans steam…
Now you can add the meat back into the wok and pour the sauce all over the top. Toss that all together and you’ve got restaurant quality stir fry recipe in minutes.
You can follow the recipe here for or for a super quick stir fry dinner, skip the marinade on the beef and just use our Homemade Stir Fry Sauce recipe!
Shop This Recipe!
This restaurant quality beef stir fry recipe can be on the table in just minutes!
- 1 1/2 lb. flank steak
- 1 lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil, divided
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1 (2″) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Whisk together the ingredients for the marinade and pour it over the sliced beef in a large bowl. Toss to coat and let marinade for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat the wok over high heat.
- Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan evenly.
- Take the beef out of the marinade and set it on a few paper towels to get most of the marinade off the meat.
- Add the beef to the wok and let the beef sear without moving for 3-4 minutes.
- Toss the beef around the wok until just cooked through for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the wok and place into a bowl.
- Add in the last tablespoon of oil and then the ginger and garlic.
- Stir for 30 seconds, being careful not to let the garlic burn and then add in the green beans.
- Toss the green beans with the garlic and ginger, cooking for a minute, then pour in 1/4 cup of water and cover the wok with the lid to steam the beans for 5 minutes.
- While the green beans are steaming, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Remove the lid, add the beef back to the pan and toss with the green beans.
- Pour in the sauce in and toss to coat.
- Remove to a serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds.
Keywords: stir fry recipe, low carb dinner, low carb recipe, beef stir fry, stir fry sauce, healthy dinner recipe