Baked Ricotta with Sausage and Tomato Jam is one of our favorite appetizers that we had in Disney World, so we had to make it for ourselves at home! Creamy ricotta, Italian sausage and homemade tomato jam make this recipe so delicious.
If you like this baked ricotta appetizer you might also like this Low Carb Ricotta Vegetable Dip appetizer!
Baked Ricotta with Sausage and Tomato Jam
There’s SO many new foods to try when you’re at Disney World. It’s become another one of our favorite reasons for going…it used to be all about the rides but now it’s about what we’re eating and when we’re eating it.
I guess we’re not alone either since it takes so long to get reservations at certain restaurants at Disney because everyone wants in.
I mean some of those places it could take months to get in…we lucked out and got everything we wanted to get in to between this trip and the trip we took back in May. And I’m sure there will be more to get to next time we go.
Either way, you know you’re going to get a good meal when you’re in Disney so you really can’t go wrong.
This time around we tried Tony’s Town Square Restaurant for the first time. Another one to add to the list! I’m not sure why we’ve never been there before because the location is amazing – right in Town Square when you first walk in. And it’s the perfect place to stop for lunch if you’re just getting in to Disney like we were that day.
And in true “we’re on vacation” style…we ordered a lot. A couple of apps and a couple of dinner sized lunches…definitely starting the vacation off right.
We ate it all, we didn’t leave any behind. We even asked for more bread for the last ounce of cheese that was left in the bottom of the dish. First of all, I wasn’t about to waste any of it. But maybe another reason was that we were starving and it was so damn good.
Trying out this recipe was literally one of the first things we did after we got back home. I’m glad we did because it turned out unbelievably good!
Is Tomato Jam Easy To Make?
The tomato jam on top takes about 10 minutes, just fresh tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. The tomatoes get super sweet and create this perfect topping for all that cheese.
How To Make This Baked Ricotta With Sausage Recipe
Once you get the filling together (I liked a 50/50 ratio of cheese and sausage for mine)
Fill up an 8″x8″ baking dish or grab a couple smaller ones like these and get them in the oven.
How Long Does Baked Ricotta Need To Cook?
They cook for about 20 minutes and then you can get a piece of bread and dive in. Your probably going to need a whole lot of bread…
Also, the version that we had in Disney didn’t have sausage, that was my addition to the recipe! Believe me it was crazy good without the sausage if you want to leave it out…I just think sausage belongs in everything.Print
Baked Ricotta with Sausage and Tomato Jam is one of our favorite appetizers that we had in Disney World, so we had to make it for ourselves at home!
- 3 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Chopped basil for garnish
For the Tomato Jam
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the cheese together along with the salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic.
- In a large skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, brown the sausage, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Drain any grease from the sausage, cool and add to the bowl with the cheese.
- Mix together then add to an 8″ x 8″ baking dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes while making the tomato jam.
- In the same skillet as you cooked the sausage, add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the balsamic, salt and pepper, stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and top with the tomato jam, cook for another 5 minutes then remove from the oven and serve warm.
Keywords: baked ricotta, baked ricotta recipe, appetizer recipe, ricotta appetizer, ricotta dip, ricotta cheese dip, italian appetizer, cheese dip recipe, sausage appetizer