Make this Peppermint White Russian for all your holiday parties and happy hours! A peppermint twist on a creamy White Russian cocktail!
After we made this Classic White Russian Cocktail, we knew we had to keep the variations coming! Such a delicious, boozy classic drink can’t be kept to just one version!
What Is A White Russian?
A White Russian is a drink recipe made with Kahlua, Vodka and cream. Usually this cocktail is served in a low ball glass or an old fashioned glass, but you can really make it however you’d like. We’ve added a little Christmas twist with some peppermint vodka for this drink recipe!
This cocktail is actually a variation of the original drink, a Black Russian, which is served without the cream. Other variations include a Blind Russian (served with Irish Cream) and a Souther Russian served with Southern Comfort.
Peppermint White Russian Ingredients:
The ingredients for this cocktail are simple, just Kahlua, peppermint vodka and heavy cream. You can substitute half and half or even whole milk but heavy cream is the thickest liquid, and the tastiest, and with lighter creams or milk the cocktail won’t be as rich.
How To Make A Peppermint White Russian:
When making a classic White Russian, you layer the ingredients over the back of a small spoon so that they don’t completely mix. For this cocktail twist, we made things a little easier by just stirring the drink together.
This way you get more of a white, peppermint look to the drink instead of the dark Kahlua layer on the bottom. You can also shake this drink in a cocktail shaker with ice if you want it to be frothy and super chilled.
Variations Of A Peppermint White Russian
Use your imagination to make many different versions of this creamy, boozy cocktail recipe!
- Add chocolate liquor instead of coffee liquor
- Peppermint Schnapps instead of pepper mint vodka, or a mix of the two
- Customize for different holidays like use red hots and cinnamon whiskey for Valentine’s Day!
- Crushed gingerbread rim and gingerbread vodka (yep, that’s a thing!)
- Gum drops on a toothpick and a sugared rim
Looking For More Holiday Drink Recipes?
- Peppermint Eggnog Cocktail
- Spiked White Hot Chocolate
- Slow Cooker Christmas Punch
- Cranberry Whiskey Sparkler
- Christmas Morning Mimosa
- Eggnog Cocktail
Peppermint White Russian
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Drink 1x
This minty twist on a White Russian is going to be a hit for all your holiday parties!
- 2 ounces Kahlua (coffee flavored liquor)
- 1 1/2 ounces peppermint vodka ( can substitute 1 ounce plain vodka and 1/2 ounce peppermint schnapps)
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 3 candy canes for garnish
- Corn syrup for rimming the glass
- Pour a thin layer or corn syrup on a shallow plate. Take one candy cane and crush it in a plastic bag with a rolling pin and then add it to a second plate.
- Dip the rim of a low ball glass into the corn syrup and then roll around in the crushed candy cane.
- Add ice to the glass and pour in the Kahlua, vodka and heavy cream. Stir and garnish with the remaining candy canes. Alternately, you can add the cocktail ingredients to a cocktail shaker over ice, pour into the rimmed glass and serve.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white russian, peppermint white russian, cocktail recipes, drink recipes, christmas cocktails, holiday drinks