Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup is a delicious and healthy way to use up leftover turkey! Soup recipes are perfect for turning leftovers into a new dinner!
Soup for dinner is one of our favorite things! For a turkey soup recipe from scratch, try our Homemade Turkey Soup made from leftover turkey bones to make a rich and hearty homemade stock!
A Leftover Turkey Or Chicken Recipe
Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup is an easy soup recipe that can be made in about 30 minutes. We think soup is the ultimate use for leftover turkey (or chicken) because it’s easy to grab whatever is in your refrigerator and throw it in.
Even if you don’t have leftover turkey or chicken you can grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and use it in this soup recipe! You’re still going to have a comforting, homemade dinner on the table in no time at all!
We love adding grated parmesan cheese and fresh black pepper on top of this soup right before serving. All you need is a loaf of bread or soup crackers on the side!
Can You Freeze This Soup Recipe?
Make a big batch of this soup and freeze away, we do it all the time! Soup recipes are perfect to pull out of the freezer on a busy night for a nutritious dinner!
But if you are planning on freezing this turkey soup, cook the pasta separately and then add it to the soup after you’ve thawed it our from the freezer. That way the pasta won’t soak up all the broth and turn mushy.
What Can You Substitute For Turkey In This Soup?
No leftover turkey? No problem. Leftover chicken will work great too, or a rotisserie chicken from the store!
You can even use ground turkey, chicken or pork. Just add it to the onions and garlic and brown it all together then proceed with the rest of the instructions.
Not a meat eater? You can also keep this soup vegetarian! Just use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and leave the meat out!
We like to give you options here people.
What Vegetables Can You Add Or Swap Out?
Honestly, anything you like! We used frozen peas and carrots for this turkey soup recipe but anything goes!
- Chopped broccoli
- Chopped frozen spinach or fresh spinach
- Cauliflower rice instead of noodles for a low carb dinner idea!
Looking For More Soup Recipes?
- Beefy Tomato Soup
- Beef Burgundy Mushroom Soup
- Low Carb Sausage Vegetable Soup
- Cheeseburger and Fries Chowder
- Cacio e Pepe Chowder
- Chicken and Broccoli Soup
This hearty and healthy turkey soup recipe is so easy to make it can be on the table in 30! Transform your leftover turkey into a completely different meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock (or homemade turkey stock)
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound leftover turkey, cut into cubes or shredded
- 16 ounces cooked short tube pasta like ditalini or elbows
- Grated parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Add the oil to a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions to the oil and stir, cooking for 7-8 minutes until softened.
- Next add the garlic and cook for a minute or two longer, then add the tomato paste, salt and pepper. Stir until the tomato paste is mixed in with the onions.
- Stir in the peas and carrots and the bay leaf then pour in the chicken stock.
- Stir and bring to a simmer, then let simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Check for seasonings, adjust if needed, then add the leftover turkey to the soup.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- To serve, add the desired amount of cooked pasta to a bowl (we like a heaping half of a cup per bowl), then add the hot soup on top of the pasta.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese and fresh black pepper if desired.
You can substitute any pasta you like to this soup, especially since you will be cooking it separately. Cauliflower rice is a great low carb swap out!
- Category: soup
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: leftover turkey recipe, leftover recipe, soup recipe, turkey soup recipe, dinner idea, dinner recipe