Fiesta Sausage Queso is a favorite appetizer for holidays or any party! Smooth Velveeta dip with sausage made right in your crock pot!
Because who doesn’t love a good cheesy dip? There’s a time and a place for that classic cheese and this is the time and the place! Also be sure and check out our easy Buffalo Chicken Dip for a little kick and this creamy Skillet Spinach & Artichoke Dip!
Fiesta Sausage Queso
We all know that famous cheese dip recipe that’s been around forever. Velveeta cheese dip, it’s a classic. I remember growing up my mom made it with just two ingredients, Velveeta cheese and salsa.
AND it was the most delicious thing ever.
We’ve just made a few updates to that tasty cheese dip with this Fiesta Sausage Queso. Added pork sausage and cream cheese to make it extra smooth, creamy and delicious.
How To Make Crock Pot Cheese Dip
All you need to do is add Velveeta cheese, cream cheese, salsa and browned pork sausage to a crock pot. Turn it on and you’ll have the most amazing cheese dip in just about two hours.
If you can get in there and stir it once in between cooking, that’s we what usually do just to help it along. If not, no worries, it’s magically delicious either way.
What Kind Of Sausage Is Best For This Queso Recipe?
Pork sausage is our sausage of choice for this Fiesta Sausage Queso, but Italian sausage will work too. You can even add a hot or spicy sausage if you really want to kick up the heat!
Ground beef will work ok too but it won’t add as much flavor as sausage will.
Can I Reheat Cheese Dip?
YES!!! I mean, who wants to waste any of this golden deliciousness? To reheat, just microwave in 1 minutes intervals, stirring in between until the dip is warm and smooth again.
This method will work even from ice cold in the refrigerator. Our boys absolutely love this queso recipe so there’s no need to waste it once it’s made. They eat it with chips, use it as a filling in burritos and even as a dip for french fries, kind of like a really dumbed down poutine recipe.
Variations Of This Sausage Queso Recipe
There’s SO many ways to make this cheese queso! Our fiesta version is a family favorite, or you can keep it as plain as the way my mom used to make it with just the cheese and salsa.
- Swap out the sausage for shredded chicken
- Add canned green chilis
- Add diced green, red or yellow peppers
- Use variations of Velveeta cheese and/or cream cheese (jalapeño cream cheese, chive cream cheese, there’s even bacon cream cheese!)
- Hot sauces or sriracha to kick up the heat
- Ro*Tel tomatoes instead of salsa
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?
- Italian Sub Bruschetta
- BBQ Party Meatballs
- Everything Pigs in a Blanket
- Crock Pot Little Smokies
- Big Mac Sliders
This smooth and creamy queso is like no other! Classic Velveeta cheese is the only way to make this addicting cheese dip recipe!
- 1 pound pork sausage roll, browned and drained of any drippings (can also use Italian sausage, casings removed)
- 1 pound package Mexican Velveeta Cheese (can swap out regular if can’t find Mexican variety)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa (your favorite brand, mild or spicy)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Diced tomatoes and scallions for garnish
- Add the sausage to the bottom of a 2-3 quart crock pot.
- Cut the Velveeta cheese and cream cheese into cubes and add it on top of the sausage.
- Pour in the salsa, stir and cover. Set on high for 2 hours, stirring once in between cooking. Keep the dip warm in your slow cooker on the “keep warm” setting.
- Garnish with tomatoes and scallions if desired and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheese dip recipe, velveeta cheese dip, queso recipe, queso cheese dip, pork sausage, salsa and cheese dip