This smooth and creamy queso is like no other! Classic Velveeta cheese is the only way to make this addicting cheese dip recipe!
- 1 pound pork sausage roll, browned and drained of any drippings (can also use Italian sausage, casings removed)
- 1 pound package Mexican Velveeta Cheese (can swap out regular if can’t find Mexican variety)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa (your favorite brand, mild or spicy)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Diced tomatoes and scallions for garnish
- Add the sausage to the bottom of a 2-3 quart crock pot.
- Cut the Velveeta cheese and cream cheese into cubes and add it on top of the sausage.
- Pour in the salsa, stir and cover. Set on high for 2 hours, stirring once in between cooking. Keep the dip warm in your slow cooker on the “keep warm” setting.
- Garnish with tomatoes and scallions if desired and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheese dip recipe, velveeta cheese dip, queso recipe, queso cheese dip, pork sausage, salsa and cheese dip