Cinnamon Toast Crunch Sugar Cookies are a delicious sugar cookie topped with a crispy and sweet “toast” topping! So easy to make your kids can do it!
These Sugar Cookies Are Fun For The Whole Family To Make
My boys are lucky that we have a good friend, and close neighbor who bakes ALL the time. Because we don’t.
So one rainy weekend day my oldest son asked if he could make his own cookie creation. My wife grunted and I pretty much left the room to go watch TV.
Don’t you feel bad for him? I know there are people who would love this project with their 13 year old…I guess we just like doing other things with him. And don’t feel too bad for him, he got to go here and here this year. He’s a lucky kid.
It turned into a whole family project, and it was kind of fun I have to admit. And even better the cookies turned out awesome, we’ve made them a few more times since that day!
How To Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Sugar Cookies
You start out with a cut out sugar cookie recipe, we got our from our friend who we know is an expert so why mess around with anything else.
Make the dough then roll it out on a board. I am the king of all props and gadgets, so I had these Cookie Cutters with a rippled edge, or you can use a square cookie cutter. Or even just cut them out free form with a knife! That’s a good way to get the kids involved, too. Butter knife of course for the little guys…
Get your cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment and brush them with an egg wash. The egg wash is going to help the “Cinnamon Toast Crunch” topping stick to the cookies and not fall off when you pick them up.
Because we tried that in the first batch and it wasn’t fun. And we had to get these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Sugar Cookies right.
Sprinkle the panko bread crumbs on first and lightly press down with your hands, then load on the cinnamon and sugar.
Bake, let rest a couple of minutes if you can and enjoy.
What’s the moral to this story here? Do stuff with your kids even when you don’t want to – usually the reward is worth it. For us? We got tons of these tasty Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies. And some quality family time.
Looking For More Cookie Recipes?
- Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Cookies
- Homemade Fortune Cookies
- Tropical Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Sugar Cookies are my son’s new cookie recipe creation! It’s a delicious sugar cookie topped with a crispy and sweet “toast” topping!
For the Cookies
- 6 cups flour
- 4 sticks butter at room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
For the Topping
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs, toasted until lightly brown in a dry skillet
- 1 cup white sugar combined with 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten with a teaspoon of water
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Put the miser on low and add the flour in batches until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough in half, then starting with one half roll the dough out on a floured surface until the dough is about 1/4′ thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out the dough and place the shapes onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until the dough is gone then chill the trays in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush the tops of the cookies with egg wash.
- Coat the tops while the egg wash is still wet with the panko bread crumbs, lightly pushing them into the cookie.
- Generously sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the tops of the cookies and bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cinnamon toast crunch sugar cookies, sugar cookie recipe, cinnamon sugar cookies, best sugar cookies recipe, easy sugar cookies recipe, cookie recipe, easy cookie recipe, cinnamon cookie recipe