We’re in love with these Tropical Chocolate Chip Cookies! We’ve been making them for along time now and they’re so good every time!
A Rum Cookie Recipe
These Tropical Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with white chocolate chips, banana and coconut flavoring and…yep, lots of rum. Christie and I went back and forth about how much rum to add but I won. Lots of rum.
The dough comes together quickly, then you can use a scoop to portion out the dough so they cook evenly.
See those nice white chocolate chips on top? Nicely placed so they actually show up when the cookies baked at the end. One of the few baking tips we’ve learned.
These cookies are going to be the star of any dessert table, even for those of you that don’t know how to bake at ALL. Because I promise you, if I can make these Tropical Chocolate Chip Cookies you definitely can too.
I’m loving all the boozy food we’ve been making lately like our famous Deep Fried Whiskey Ribs or this Boozy Cowboy Caviar for appetizers. The booze doesn’t have to take over the food, it just adds a great flavor to whatever you’re cooking.
And now that we’re talking about dessert today, there wasn’t any need to stop adding some booze to our cookies!
If, of course, you are really not wanting to add the rum in here you can leave it out. I would up the vanilla extract to 2 teaspoons and the coconut extract to 1 1/2.
But please. Do try these with the rum. It’s so worth it!
Looking For More Desserts?Print
These tropical chocolate chip cookies have a splash of real rum!
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. coconut extract
- 1 t. banana extract
- 4 T. rum
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together the butter with the white and brown sugar until light in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add all the extracts and the rum into the butter and sugar and beat for a minute.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture in small batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand then drop onto parchment lined baking sheets using a 1 1/2 T. scoop.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, being careful not to over bake.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie recipe, rum cookie, chocolate chip cookies, dessert recipe
I’m sharing this epic Valentine’s Day dessert with you today thanks to Schick Hydro® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars, but all opinions are mine.