These tropical chocolate chip cookies have a splash of real rum!
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. coconut extract
- 1 t. banana extract
- 4 T. rum
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together the butter with the white and brown sugar until light in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add all the extracts and the rum into the butter and sugar and beat for a minute.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture in small batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand then drop onto parchment lined baking sheets using a 1 1/2 T. scoop.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, being careful not to over bake.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie recipe, rum cookie, chocolate chip cookies, dessert recipe