Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Cookies are so soft and sweet, just like carrot cake! We added white chocolate chips to these cookies and man, are they good!
A Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe With Carrot Cake Flavors
These Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Cookies are my way of combining two of my favorite dessert recipes in one bite. The only thing missing from these chocolate chip cookies is the frosting…but I’m telling you, you’re not going to miss it.
These cookies are light, soft and totally cake like. There’s no chewy or crispy (maybe just a little around the edges) but just like a small piece of cake. They’re kind of perfect.
The other thing I love about this recipe is that there’s no sifting, no waiting for butter to soften or come to room temperature, no millions of steps, and no difficult ingredients. These are cookies for the people who don’t really love to bake, just dump everything in a bowl, mix and chill.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Cookies
They need to sit in the fridge for an hour or two – even over night if you have the time to wait.
All there is to this is to combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Mix the together and you’re good to go.
After they chill, scoop them out onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for about 18-20 minutes. 18 minutes worked perfectly for us, they were still a little soft on the inside when we took them out of the oven to cool – and after of cooling for 10 minutes they were perfect.
Our boys don’t even really like carrot cake but they loved these cookies. Our little guy asked if he could count that as his vegetable for dinner because there’s actual carrots in the cookies…
He’s creative, we might give him that one.
But these Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Cookies are really delicious as a snack, for dessert or even a quick treat for breakfast! I mean, they can’t be much worse for you than eating a giant muffin or a stack of pancakes, am I right?
Looking For More Cookie Recipes?
- Coconut Rum Cookies
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Sugar Cookies
- Tropical Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Fortune Cookies
These tasty chocolate chip cookies are soft on the inside and crispy on the edges!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars and the melted butter and beat with a mixer (hand held or stand) until well combined.
- Add in the rest of the the wet ingredients and mix again until combined.
- Add in half the flour mixture, beat to combine then add the rest and beat again until blended.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Scoop out the dough using a 3 tablespoon scoop and place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- These are large cookies that will spread so only put 6 cookies per tray.
- Bake for 18 minutes, remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Prep time is 10 minutes, but you do need to chill the dough for an hour before baking.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie recipes, chocolate chip cookie recipe, carrot cake, easy dessert recipe