Grilled Parmesan Spaghetti Pizza is like those baked ziti pizza slices you see on the pizza menu, except we’re using a parmesan cheese spaghetti version!
Cacio e Pepe is one of my favorite spaghetti recipes! We love it so much we even turned it into this Creamy Spaghetti Chowder! Also be sure to check out this Sliced Steak Flatbread recipe, too!
What Is Cacio e Pepe?
Cacio e Pepe is a parmesan and black pepper spaghetti recipe. It’s a very simple pasts dish that is an Italian staple comfort food. We first had this spaghetti at a restaurant in New York City and we totally fell in love.
When we saw it served on a flatbread for an appetizer, that was it. We knew we had to come home and make it ourselves ASAP!
How Do You Grill Pizza?
In this case, we’re only grilling the pizza dough to replicate that wood oven flavor that you get a good pizza places. Then we’ll assemble the pizza off the grill and serve. To grill pizza dough, grab a ball of fresh pizza dough from the grocery store or sometimes your favorite pizza place will sell them to you.
Roll the dough out into a round, about 1/4″ thin pizza and place on a oiled grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the pizza dough from the grill and you can start to assemble this Grilled Parmesan Spaghetti Pizza!
What Other Toppings Can I Use On This Pizza Recipe?
We topped this Grilled Parmesan Spaghetti Pizza with cooked broccoli but you can also leave that off if you like. That’s how it was served to us in New York and we loved the combination of the slightly bitter broccolini with the creamy, parmesan spaghetti. Other topping ideas are:
- Shredded Chicken
- Italian Sausage
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
So this pizza recipe is really like two recipes in one! You can also serve up this Cacio e Pepe Flatbread on it’s own – we do ALL the time!
Looking For More Pizza Recipes?
- Copycat Totino’s Pizza Rolls
- Italian Beef Pizza
- Roasted Tomato Basil Pizza
- Meatball Pizza Quesadillas
Grilled Parmesan Spaghetti Pizza
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
This spaghetti topped pizza is going to blow you away!
- 1 ball of store bought pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce, warmed
- 1 bunch of broccolini, (or broccoli) cooked and roughly chopped
For the Parmesan Spaghetti (Cacio e Pepe)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 reserved pasta water
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain the spaghetti reserving 1 cup of the cooking water and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and the olive oil until slightly browned. Add the flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Next whisk in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese, mixing well until smooth. Add the reserved pasta water a little at a time (you might not need it all) until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Add in the spaghetti and the black pepper to the skillet and toss to combine. Add in a little more cream and/or pasta water if needed at this point and set the pasta aside.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Roll out the pizza dough into a round, about 1/4″ thickness. Place the dough on an oiled grill and cook for 4-5 minutes until brown on the bottom. Flip the dough and cook another 3-4 minutes on the other side until the dough is set. Remove from the grill to assemble.
- Place the grilled pizza dough on a board and spread a layer of pizza sauce over the grilled dough. Add a thick layer of the spaghetti on top, then the chopped broccolini.
- Cut the pizza into 8 slices and serve with extra parmesan cheese and black pepper for topping.
- Serving Size: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pizza recipes, grilled pizza, cacio e pepe, spaghetti pie, dinner ideas