Buffalo Shrimp and Blue Brie Polenta is a fancy looking dinner recipe that takes only 30 minutes to make! Make this shrimp appetizer for your next party!
A Fancy Seafood Dinner Made At Home!
There are things I definitely know now, a year and a half into cooking for our web site. It’s amazing how much you can learn in a short time, from simple recipes to more difficult ones. The difficult ones that I thought – man, I could never make that. But once I did I realized it wasn’t so hard after all.
This is one of those recipes. Those recipes you look at and say “Wow, that looks great but I couldn’t make that”.
Well, believe me, you can. This Buffalo Shrimp and Blue Brie Polenta is way easier to out together than it looks. You’ll be surprised, trust me.
How To Make Buffalo Shrimp and Blue Brie Polenta
Let’s grab some cheese and get started!
This is my twist on shrimp and grits. A spicy, cheesy version of shrimp and grits on baked polenta squares.
You start out by making the polenta. It’s really easy – just stir together chicken broth, water, milk, cornmeal and some salt and pepper in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
Crumble in a whole package of brie and stir it into the polenta.
Once the cheese melts into the polenta, pour it into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
While the polenta is baking you can start putting together the buffalo shrimp.
Heat up some olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in a pound of shrimp, season with garlic powder, salt and pepper and let cook for a minute or two on each side until they are just turning pink.
Pour in your favorite buffalo wing sauce, a couple tablespoons of butter – and another big piece of the blue brie to stir into the sauce and make it creamy.
When the polenta comes out of the oven, let it cool to room temperature and cut into large squares. The polenta can be done ahead of time too, cut into squares and then just warmed up in the oven before dinner time.
Spoon the buffalo shrimp over the top of a polenta square, making sure you get tons of the creamy buffalo sauce all over the top so that it soaks into the polenta.
Unbelievable. Having a dinner party? Done. Dinner for the family? Done. I’m not kidding when I tell you my kids went nuts for this so don’t be afraid to have them try it. You can even use a mild or extra mild wing sauce so it’s not blow your head off hot – it’s totally up to you!
Looking For More Shrimp Recipes?Print
This fancy looking shrimp dinner only takes 30 minutes to make! Impress your friends or make this buffalo shrimp for a date night at home!
For the Polenta
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1 5.11 oz. package Castello Saga Blue Brie
For the Buffalo Shrimp
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 T. butter
- 2 oz. Castello Saga Blue Brie cheese
- 6 chopped scallions for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, add the chicken broth, water, milk, cornmeal, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Crumble in the blue brie cheese and stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- Pour into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Let cool completely while you start the shrimp.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the shrimp and season them withe the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for 2 minuets on each side until they are just turning pink.
- Pour the buffalo wing sauce into the skillet and then add the butter and the 2 oz. of cheese. Stir until the sauce is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- When the polenta is completely cooled, cut into 9 large squares.
- Place one square of polenta on a plate and spoon the shrimp and sauce over the top. Garnish with chopped scallions.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp recipe, shrimp appetizer, polenta recipe, cheesy polenta, date night at home recipes, seafood recipes