We love boozy little appetizers like these Bloody Mary Shrimp Shooters! This tiny Bloody Mary shot has a shrimp appetizer right on top!
A Boozy Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer
The cocktail part of these Shrimp Shooters is similar to a Bloody Mary, but a little lighter and not as spicy. Just some vodka, tomato juice and spices mixed together to make a tasty shot for dipping your shrimp in.
Then drinking your delicious, Bloody Mary Shooter. It’s a two for one recipe here!
How Do You Make These Bloody Mary Shrimp Shooters?
- Mix together the ingredients for the shooter in a large measuring cup or any small pitcher with a spout for pouring. Make sure you taste for seasonings, you can add more cayenne if you like it spicier, or less if you don’t. Then pour out your shooter mix into 6 tall shot glasses.
- Rim the shot glasses by wetting the rims with lime juice or water, then into a sweet and spicy dry rub.
- Garnish with a big roasted shrimp and a lime wedge and serve!
Set these shooters out on a tray for appetizers and make a “build your own” Bloody Mary Shooter bar for guests so they can make theirs spicier or milder. Just make sure you have a least one shrimp per shooter!
What Other Garnishes Can I Add To These Shooters?
Just think of all your favorite Bloody Mary garnishes, you can add the same to this shrimp cocktail recipe!
- Olives, green or black
- Pickled Onions
- Lobster Meat
- Pickle Spears
- Cheese Cubes
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Pepperoncini Peppers
Looking For More Fun Appetizers?
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Fried Poutine Wontons
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- Pepperoni Pizza Arancini
Is it an appetizer? Is it a cocktail? It’s really a little bit of both…but whatever you want to call these Shrimp Shooters – you’re going to love them!
- 6 large, cooked shrimp
For The Bloody Mary Shooters:
- 3 ounces vodka
- 5 ounces tomato juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Dry Rub:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Limes wedges for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and garlic powder then toss with the olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 7-8 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients for the Bloody Mary shooters in a small pitcher.
- Mix together the ingredients for the dry rub in a small, shallow dish.
- Take one shot glass and wet the rim with water, then dip into the dry rub. Repeat with your remaining 5 shot glasses.
- Divide the shooter mix into the 6 shot glasses. Garnish with a roasted shrimp and a lime wedge.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp cocktail, shrimp appetizer, appetizer cocktail recipe, bloody mary shots, bloody mary recipe