This fancy looking shrimp dinner only takes 30 minutes to make! Impress your friends or make this buffalo shrimp for a date night at home!
For the Polenta
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1 5.11 oz. package Castello Saga Blue Brie
For the Buffalo Shrimp
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 T. butter
- 2 oz. Castello Saga Blue Brie cheese
- 6 chopped scallions for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, add the chicken broth, water, milk, cornmeal, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Crumble in the blue brie cheese and stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- Pour into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Let cool completely while you start the shrimp.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the shrimp and season them withe the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for 2 minuets on each side until they are just turning pink.
- Pour the buffalo wing sauce into the skillet and then add the butter and the 2 oz. of cheese. Stir until the sauce is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- When the polenta is completely cooled, cut into 9 large squares.
- Place one square of polenta on a plate and spoon the shrimp and sauce over the top. Garnish with chopped scallions.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp recipe, shrimp appetizer, polenta recipe, cheesy polenta, date night at home recipes, seafood recipes