Homemade Baked Buffalo French Fries are fun to serve as appetizers or a side to dinner! These tasty french fries are baked, not fried!
Sometimes I just can’t get enough fries! Great as a side dish, appetizer or even just a fun snack! You’ve really got to try these Corn Dog Poutine Fries and these Homemade Shoestring French Fries too!
You’re Going To Love These Crispy Baked French Fries!
We make tons of oven fries. TONS.
Also we love buffalo anything. Even the boys. There’s a wing sauce called Texas Pete’s, it has a mild wing sauce variety I usually grab for the boys and they love it. You could always do half mild, half spicy.
And the best part about these Buffalo Fries is that they’re oven baked – not fried. I know, I’m finally not frying something that’s actually supposed to be fried.
How Do These Baked Fries Get Crispy?
But I’m telling you, you won’t miss the deep fry at all. These Buffalo Fries are really crispy and browned from cooking them at a high temperature. Make sure your oven is clean for this one or you’ll be calling the fire department…or at the very least setting off a bunch of your smoke alarms.
After you slice up the potatoes you just need to soak them in cold water for about 15 minutes. Dry them off really good drain the water from the bowl and put the fries back in.
Toss them with the garlic powder, salt and olive oil then put them on parchment lined baking sheets. You’ll probably need two pans so they can sit in a single layer.
Turn them halfway through cooking and when they’re done put them back in that big bowl. Toss with buffalo sauce and then they go back in the oven for 5 minutes – just to set the sauce.
What Toppings Or Dipping Sauce Go With These Fries?
After you toss with the buffalo sauce, before you put them back in the oven you could add any toppings you might want like mozzarella cheese or scallions, but I kept mine plain.
Serve these Buffalo Fries with a quick blue cheese sauce for dipping and you’ve got a fries that are not only good but good for you.
OK not like carrot sticks good…but you know what I mean. These aren’t “fried” so that’s basically like health food.
If you’re a fan of buffalo sauce then you’re gonna love these homemade Baked Buffalo French Fries! A healthy alternative to frying!
- 6 large russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bottle of buffalo wing sauce
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
- Pre-heat the oven to 450º.
- Slice the potatoes on a mandoline or cut them into thin strips with a knife. Place the potatoes in a large bowl of cold water and soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain and dry the potatoes with paper towels, you’ll want to do this really well, you don’t want any moisture on the potatoes. Toss the potatoes with the salt, garlic powder and olive oil and place on a single layer on two baking sheets that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes then take the fries out and flip over. Just check to make sure they’re getting browned on the bottom before you flip them.
- Put them back in the oven for another 20 minutes until browned.
- While the fries are in the oven you can make the blue cheese sauce.
- When the fries have browned, transfer them to a large bowl and toss with about 1/2 cup of buffalo wing sauce.
- Place the fries back on the baking sheets and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with the blue cheese dipping sauce.
- These fries can also be topped with cheese, scallions, blue cheese crumbles or whatever you like!
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade french fries, baked french fries, buffalo fries, healthy french fries, easy side dish, easy appetizer, how to bake french fries