Make these Beer Battered Green Beans for a tasty appetizer that tastes like it came from a restaurant! We’re going to get out veggies in however we can!
So here I go, frying up some apps again. I have to tell you, these Beer Battered Green Beans are definitely worth breaking out the oil for.
Jog a little bit longer on the treadmill tomorrow. Eat salad for a week after. Whatever you need to do to make it OK. Just trust me and make them.
All you have to do for these beans is make a quick beer batter, heat up a pot of oil and your on your way. I don’t own a deep fryer or anything like that. Believe it or not we actually don’t fry things very often. So when we do a large deep stock pot is really all you need.
Then there is the choice for the coating on these beans…the crispy panko type or a beer batter. You know I had to choose a beer batter just so I can crack one open (you’ll only need half for the batter)
OK so here we go…
Get your oil heating up and gather up your ingredients. Beans, beer, some spices and flour is all you need.
Grab a bean and coat it in the beer batter and carefully dip it into your oil. You can do a few at a time but just make sure each bean is put in the oil separately so they all don’t stick together.
They’ll only need about 4-5 minutes to turn brown and then you can take them out with tongs or a basket.
Oh, yep, and the sauce. Instead of a wasabi cream sauce that you see a lot of the time with fried green beans I made a creamy BBQ sauce. This time I didn’t want the heat here, just a nice, easy going appetizer that everyone will love!
Beer Battered Green Beans
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
These crispy fried green beans are always a hit at parties!
- 1 lb. green beans
- vegetable oil for frying
For the beer batter
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of light beer
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Creamy BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Fill a deep, heavy bottomed pot with oil and heat until the temperature reaches between 350-375 degrees.
- While the oil is heating up mix up the beer batter. Whisk all the ingredients together and let sit until your ready.
- Once the oil reaches 350 degrees, start dipping the beans into the beer batter, making sure they are entirely coated in the batter.
- Take one bean at a time out of the batter and drop carefully into the oil. Once it sizzles a few seconds you can repeat with another bean. I wouldn’t add more than 7 or 8 at a time so that they don’t stick together.
- Fry the beans for 4-5 minutes until they are golden brown and remove to a plate lined with paper towels then immediately season with kosher salt.
- Repeat with the remaining beans.
- Mix together the Creamy BBQ Sauce and serve alongside for dipping.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizer recipe, green beans, fried green beans