This Ranch Turkey Chili is hands down our kids favorite chili recipe ever! A zesty turkey chili recipe that’s perfect for parties or dinners with leftovers!
We love Ranch flavored anything! One of our favorite family dinners are these Ranch Chicken Nuggets that we make in our air fryer. Another favorite dinner recipe that we make with Ranch seasoning are these Bacon Ranch Chicken Rolls that cook in one skillet!
A Zesty White Turkey Chili Recipe
I saw zesty, not spicy. Peppadew peppers have the most delicious flavor, if you’ve never tried them now is the time. This Ranch Turkey Chili recipe was literally made to have these peppers in it. A creamy, white chili with just the right amount of a vinegar tang from peppadew peppers. So not spicy, just zesty.
Our boys love scooping up this turkey chili with tortilla chips or Fritos. We try and use a spoon to eat ours but I have to say, a chip makes for a really good eating utensil when it comes to chili.
How To Make Turkey Chili
Start out by browning ground turkey in a large pot, drain any drippings if needed and then add a packet of Ranch seasoning.
Stir in the peppadew peppers and black beans and then add room temperature cream cheese. The cream cheese is going to do a few things to this chili recipe. First it’s going to thicken it, but it’s also going to make this chili super creamy not to mention super flavorful.
If the cream cheese is at room temperature it should melt right into the turkey, beans and peppers. But don’t worry if it’s not quite room temperature because once you add in chicken stock and simmer the chili everything will melt right into place.
Simmer this Ranch Turkey Chili for about 30 minutes to let the flavors blend together and then you’re ready to serve. Like we said before, we serve this chili with lots of chips on the side for dipping. Other good options would be fresh lime wedges, grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, and some pickled jalapeños if you want a little bit of heat.
Can I Make This Ranch Turkey Chili Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! And I think it’s even better when you do. Chili is one of those perfect foods that you can prep ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator for leftovers. Our kids love when there’s a pot of chili in the refrigerator for them to make chili bowls for lunch or just snacking.
You can also freeze this chili recipe if you want to meal prep or just have leftovers!
Looking For More Chili Recipes?Print
Ranch Turkey Chili
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
This zesty white chili recipe is perfect for parties or for dinner during the week with leftovers! The kiddos are going to love this mild flavored chili as much as the adults!
- 2 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (1 oz.) packet Ranch seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (14 oz.) jar peppadew peppers, drained reserving 1/4 cup of the brine and chopped
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- Add the oil to a dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, stir and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Place the turkey into the pot with the salt, pepper and cumin and cook until the meat is browned all the way through.
- Pour in the Ranch seasoning packet and the flour, stir and cook for a minute.
- Add the reserved juice from the peppers, beans, chopped peppers and cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese has melted, then pour in the chicken stock.
- Simmer, stirring often, for 25 minutes uncovered.
- Stir in the cilantro, taste for seasonings and serve.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey chili, ranch chili, dinner recipes, chili recipes, make ahead recipe, white chili recipe