This zesty white chili recipe is perfect for parties or for dinner during the week with leftovers! The kiddos are going to love this mild flavored chili as much as the adults!
- 2 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (1 oz.) packet Ranch seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (14 oz.) jar peppadew peppers, drained reserving 1/4 cup of the brine and chopped
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- Add the oil to a dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, stir and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Place the turkey into the pot with the salt, pepper and cumin and cook until the meat is browned all the way through.
- Pour in the Ranch seasoning packet and the flour, stir and cook for a minute.
- Add the reserved juice from the peppers, beans, chopped peppers and cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese has melted, then pour in the chicken stock.
- Simmer, stirring often, for 25 minutes uncovered.
- Stir in the cilantro, taste for seasonings and serve.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey chili, ranch chili, dinner recipes, chili recipes, make ahead recipe, white chili recipe