These Tropical Chicken Tacos are another quick and easy slow cooker dinner! A healthy and delicious taco dinner is always going to be a hit!
A Crock Pot Chicken Recipe For Tacos and More!
These Tropical Chicken Tacos have become a favorite taco recipe at our house! The tender, citrus flavored chicken is perfect as a taco filling but we also add it to our salads, sandwiches or just eat it as is. This slow cooker chicken makes a killer chicken salad, too if you have any leftover!
The chicken for this recipe is slow cooker in brown sugar and pineapple juice, seasoned with cumin, a little curry, garlic powder, chili powder and cayenne pepper. The chicken won’t be spicy, just that delicious, super mild background heat that I’m telling you is super addicting.
How To Make Tropical Chicken Tacos
Start by adding the chicken, pineapple juice and seasonings to a slow cooker or crock pot. The chicken will release a lot of juice while it’s cooking, too so you really don’t need that much liquid to start off with.
Once the chicken has cooked on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours, remove it and shred it into large pieces. Next toss the shredded chicken with some of the juices from the slow cooker to flavor the chicken and keep it moist.
What Toppings Can I Add To These Chicken Tacos?
Really anything that you would add to a regular taco will work! We love this mango and pineapple salsa from Trader Joes, but if you don’t have a TJ’s local to you just grab a mango salsa or a regular salsa at the grocery store.
Shredded lettuce or cabbage works great for a cool, crisp crunch. Other topping ideas might include:
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
What Else Can I Use This Slow Cooker Chicken For?
Like we said before, this delicious chicken is not only perfect for tacos, but so much more! Add it to a salad, use it to make chicken salad or just a chicken sandwich on a roll with cabbage and a little mayonnaise.
You can use this crock pot chicken to make quesadillas too! Or add it to your favorite pizza (pineapple pizza, anyone?) The boys love when there’s a big bowl of this tropical chicken in the refrigerator for making taco bowls with rice and beans.
So as you can see, this chicken recipe is one of our favorite ways to make tacos but so versatile you can use it in so many other recipes!
Looking For More Taco Recipes?
- Homemade Ground Beef Taco Meat
- Pan Fried Beef Tacos
- Loaded Taco Pie
- Naked Sheet Pan Tacos (A low carb taco recipe)
Tropical Chicken Tacos
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
This easy, crock pot chicken is perfect for Tropical Chicken Tacos but also can be used in so many different recipes!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce/Cabbage
- Mango salsa
- Add the chicken, seasonings and pineapple juice to a slow cooker and set on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken to a bowl and shred into large pieces, tossing with some but not all of the cooking liquid.
- Serve the chicken in the tortillas, topped with the salsa, lettuce and cilantro.
- Alternately, you can marinate the chicken overnight and cook it on the grill or in the oven.
- Nutrition information is only for the chicken, not the tortillas or any toppings.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker recipes, crock pot recipes, slow cooker chicken, chicken taco recipe, taco recipe, easy dinner recipes, easy chicken recipes