Summer Grilled Chicken Soup is the perfect comfort food soup recipe, even on warm nights! We grilled chicken and fresh summer corn in this soup!
A Chicken Soup Recipe For All Seasons
We love having soup for dinner all year round. Which is kind of funny since a few years back I wouldn’t even think about having soup for dinner. I don’t know why, maybe I had a bad experience with soup at one point but it never really was the type of meal I wanted to have.
In the winter, definitely, it’s one of our go to meals. Anytime we have chicken or turkey or ham the night before, we’re having soup the next day.
Like I said before in our turkey soup recipe post, I’m standing there with an empty soup pot after Thanksgiving at my parent’s house waiting for them to give me their turkey bones. It might sound strange to you unless you’ve actually made homemade turkey soup, but I’ll tell you, it’s so good and it feeds us for days.
So this Summer Grilled Chicken Soup is a quick way to get that comforting bowl of soup, even when it’s a hot summer day.
Grilled Chicken Adds So Much Flavor To This Soup Recipe!
If you have leftover grilled chicken, perfect – dice it up and throw it in here. You can use a rotisserie chicken or any leftover chicken you have but the grilled chicken definitely gives this soup a summer flavor that we really liked.
For our summer vegetables we used fresh corn and zucchini but here too, you can swap out whatever veggies you like or have on hand, or maybe just grabbed from your garden.
And the noodles? Well, Christie tells me all the time that I like my soup more like a “stew” since I’d rather have a huge bowl of noodles with just a little broth. She’s sort of opposite, and the boys are somewhere in between.
So if you like a lot of noodles, use the 2 cups of spaghetti in this recipe. If you like more broth to your soup cut it down to 1 1/2 or even one.
How To Make Summer Grilled Chicken Soup
Start by cooking up onions, the fresh corn and zucchini. A few seasonings and then you can let that cook down for 15 minutes. Then the chopped grilled chicken goes in, covered by chicken broth and that’s sort of it.
Let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes and then add in the chicken broth and whatever noodles you’re using and let them cook another 10 minutes.
If you don’t like dill you can also use fresh thyme, rosemary or basil. A fresh herb really makes this chicken soup recipe pop with flavor! Other pasta options could include ditalini, rotini, pastina, or just broken up spaghetti noodles. really most pasta shapes will work for this soup, you can use whatever is in your cabinet!
Looking For More Chicken Soup Recipes?
- Hearty Chicken Cacciatore Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Chicken and Broccoli Soup
- Lighter Chicken Corn Chowder
This light chicken soup recipe uses grilled chicken! The grilled chicken adds so much flavor to this soup, it tastes just like summer!
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken tenders
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder for seasoning
For the soup
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn (frozen corn can be substituted)
- 1 large onion onion chopped, about 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups cut spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Season the chicken tenders with the salt and pepper. Grill for 2-3 minuets on each side until cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a large soup pot, add the olive oil and the onion and cook, while stirring for 5 minutes. Add in the zucchini, corn, salt and pepper and stir.
- Cook for another five minutes then add in the diced chicken and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the soup, stir and cover and cook for 10 minuets.
- Stir in the fresh dill and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup recipes, chicken soup, grilled chicken, healthy recipes, dinner ideas, dinner recipes