These Spicy Dan Dan Noodles are a nutty, crunchy noodle recipe! Our boys love these noodles, too, you can spice it up as much or as little as you like!
What Are Dan Dan Noodles?
Dan Dan Noodles are actually the real name of a dish, just in case you hadn’t heard of them before. Spicy Dan Dan Noodles are the name of my recipe, because I put my own spin on them and made them extra spicy. I’ll have to admit that I’m starting to like things with some heat to it.
These Spicy Dan Dan Noodles are one of our favorite take out at home recipes. for one, they are really easy to make and for two they are crazy delicious. If you’re making this recipe for your family, you can actually leave out all of the heat and add the chili sauce and red pepper flakes to your own bowls.
Just in case you have kids (or adults) that don’t like spice. This noodle recipe is too good to pass up.
How Do You Make Spicy Dan Dan Noodles?
- You can use regular spaghetti if you don’t have Chinese noodles, which we usually don’t so spaghetti or thin spaghetti is our go to.
- Make the peanut sauce in your blender or just stir together in a bowl and set it aside until you’re ready.
- Next brown up your meat and vegetables, add the cooked noodles and peanut sauce…toss together and let fry a little in your wok.
You can add many different vegetables to these Spicy Dan Dan Noodles, too! Chopped broccoli or snow peas would be delicious. Also you can swap out ground pork or ground chicken instead of the beef!
This is a great “clean the fridge out” recipe. If you’ve got leftover veggies or meat or protein – throw it in! Even shrimp would be delicious in these noodles!
Looking For More Asian Inspired Recipes?Print
This delicious beef noodle recipe is one of our family favorites! Make it as spicy or as mild as you like!
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola, vegetable or peanut oil
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot chili sauce with garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti acocrding to the package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the peanut butter, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, chicken broth and chili sauce to a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the oil to a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Then add the ground beef to brown, breaking up into small pieces. Drain any drippings from the wok.
- Add in the scallions, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish, and the shredded carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and the peanut sauce to the wok and toss together with tongs until well combined.
- Let the noodles cook in the wok just to warm the sauce and spaghetti through and then remove from the heat.
- Top with chopped peanuts and reserved scallions.
You can substitute ground pork, chicken or turkey instead of the beef, or leave the meat out. Any vegetables would work such as broccoli, snow peas, edamame, bean sprouts, etc.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chinese noodles, take out at home, dan dan noodles, spicy peanut noodles, peanut sauce, dinner ideas, dinner recipes