This delicious beef noodle recipe is one of our family favorites! Make it as spicy or as mild as you like!
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola, vegetable or peanut oil
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot chili sauce with garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti acocrding to the package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the peanut butter, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, chicken broth and chili sauce to a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the oil to a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Then add the ground beef to brown, breaking up into small pieces. Drain any drippings from the wok.
- Add in the scallions, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish, and the shredded carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and the peanut sauce to the wok and toss together with tongs until well combined.
- Let the noodles cook in the wok just to warm the sauce and spaghetti through and then remove from the heat.
- Top with chopped peanuts and reserved scallions.
You can substitute ground pork, chicken or turkey instead of the beef, or leave the meat out. Any vegetables would work such as broccoli, snow peas, edamame, bean sprouts, etc.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chinese noodles, take out at home, dan dan noodles, spicy peanut noodles, peanut sauce, dinner ideas, dinner recipes