Sheet Pan Chicken Murphy is hitting our dinner table this week! Sausage, chicken, potatoes and peppers tossed in an out of control delicious brown gravy!
An Easy Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
Combining chicken, sausage and potatoes in one dish – you can’t go wrong in my book. As anyone can tell you, adding sausage to any dinner makes it better in my opinion. Then add a peppery brown gravy to pull it all together…you’ve got a dinner that can’t be beat.
This Sheet Pan Chicken Murphy is ideal for entertaining, too. It’ll serve at least 6 adults, so even if you have more, just add a few more links of sausage or chicken thighs and you’ll squeeze out 8 no problem.
Also, if you have those kids who like all the different things…one likes chicken, one like sausage…one will only eat potatoes…this is the dinner for you. There’s something for everyone on this sheet pan and it’s going to make everyone happy.
It’s that kind of diner that you throw down on the table with a loaf of bread and a bottle or two of wine. Beer is totally acceptable too – that’ll be my choice for sure.
And easy? If you’re looking for easy I’ve got you covered…all you have to do is roast the chicken, sausage and potatoes then toss it all in this amazing brown gravy and you’ve got dinner for a crowd.
How To Make Sheet Pan Chicken Murphy
Start out by roasting chicken thighs, potatoes and sausage.
Then add in the peppdew peppers – peppadew peppers are right in the pepper/pickle aisle at your store. They’re sweet and slightly spicy, the perfect amount of heat for this dinner.
While everything is roasting you can put together a simple brown gravy that’s made even more delicious with a few tablespoons of the pepper brine from the jar of peppers…
Take the Sheet Pan Chicken Murphy out of the oven and toss it all with the brown gravy and serve. Everyone can dive in and get their favorite parts or all of it at once…
Looking For More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Asian Chicken & Brussels Sprouts
- Baked Chicken Legs with Asian Glaze
- Chicken Francese
- Baked Marsala Chicken Wings
This Sheet Pan Chicken Murphy feeds a crowd! Italian sausage, chicken thighs, potatoes and peppers tossed in a homemade brown gravy!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 2” pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds small red potatoes cut in fourths or eights depending on the size of the potato
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, each link cut into fourths
- 1 (14 oz.) jar Whole Sweet Peppadew peppers, drained reserving the juice
- Chopped parsley for garnish
For the Gravy
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup juice from the drained peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the chicken, sausage and potatoes on a 15″ x 21″ sheet pan that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. (see note*)
- Cook for 20 minutes, remove from the oven, toss and add the peppers. You can add the peppers whole or cut them in half if you prefer.
- Return to the oven for another 15 minutes until the chicken and sausage is cooked through and the potatoes are brown.
- While the chicken, sausage and potatoes are in the oven, start the gravy in a large skillet. Add the butter to melt, then sprinkle in the flour and whisk together until combined.
- Let the flour and butter cook together for a minute, then slowly pour in the beef broth while whisking to prevent lumps. Season the gravy with the salt and pepper and add the fresh rosemary.
- Simmer the gravy for 10 minutes until thickened, then remove the rosemary sprigs.
- Add 1/4 cup of the juice from the peppers to the gravy and whisk together to combine.
- Pour the gravy over the chicken, sausage and potatoes on the sheet pan, toss and serve.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and more fresh rosemary for garnish.
If you don’t have a large enough sheet pan, use (2) 13″ x 18″ inch sheet pans instead. Put the chicken and sausage on one pan and the potatoes on the other.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, sheet pan dinners, chicken murphy, easy chicken recipes, recipes with italian sausage, chicken thigh recipes