This Sheet Pan Chicken Murphy feeds a crowd! Italian sausage, chicken thighs, potatoes and peppers tossed in a homemade brown gravy!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 2” pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds small red potatoes cut in fourths or eights depending on the size of the potato
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, each link cut into fourths
- 1 (14 oz.) jar Whole Sweet Peppadew peppers, drained reserving the juice
- Chopped parsley for garnish
For the Gravy
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup juice from the drained peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the chicken, sausage and potatoes on a 15″ x 21″ sheet pan that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. (see note*)
- Cook for 20 minutes, remove from the oven, toss and add the peppers. You can add the peppers whole or cut them in half if you prefer.
- Return to the oven for another 15 minutes until the chicken and sausage is cooked through and the potatoes are brown.
- While the chicken, sausage and potatoes are in the oven, start the gravy in a large skillet. Add the butter to melt, then sprinkle in the flour and whisk together until combined.
- Let the flour and butter cook together for a minute, then slowly pour in the beef broth while whisking to prevent lumps. Season the gravy with the salt and pepper and add the fresh rosemary.
- Simmer the gravy for 10 minutes until thickened, then remove the rosemary sprigs.
- Add 1/4 cup of the juice from the peppers to the gravy and whisk together to combine.
- Pour the gravy over the chicken, sausage and potatoes on the sheet pan, toss and serve.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and more fresh rosemary for garnish.
If you don’t have a large enough sheet pan, use (2) 13″ x 18″ inch sheet pans instead. Put the chicken and sausage on one pan and the potatoes on the other.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, sheet pan dinners, chicken murphy, easy chicken recipes, recipes with italian sausage, chicken thigh recipes