Try this Red White and Blue Mojito for your BBQ this weekend! These fun and festive mojito recipe is going to be a hit with the whole crowd!
A Mojito Recipe With A Twist
While we do love a classic mojito – any time of the year – we thought this berry filled mojito recipe would be perfect for celebrating Fourth of July or Memorial Day weekend!
You’ve got the red, white and blue colors going on along with the all the classic mojito ingredients all in one drink.
A basic mojito recipe includes rum, mint, sugar, lime a seltzer. We added berry vodka to our holiday mojito drink and just added a squeeze of lime to brighten up this cocktail at the end.
Swap out the berries here for what you have on hand, too! Strawberries and blueberries would work perfectly too in this vodka drink.
And if you can’t find the berry vodka that we used (it can be seasonal) just use plain vodka and the Chambord.
How To Make A Mojito
Making a mojito is really simple, start by muddling mint in the bottom of a glass. You can use a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon. Just get in there and bruise the mint leaves so they give off the most flavor.
Usually you would add a small amount of sugar to a mojito but since we’re using berries in this recipe we’re going to skip the sugar for now. The fruit will make this mojito sweet enough!
Pour in the rum (and vodka in this case) add a squeeze of lime and there you have it. A perfect mojito for cocktail hour, happy hour or any party you might be having.
Or this Red White and Blue Mojito for all your holiday needs.
Looking For More Mojito Recipes?
This festive mojito recipe can be enjoyed any time of the year! Make this berry mojito for Fourth of July or Memorial Day for the perfect themed drink!
- 2 1/2 ounces berry flavored vodka
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1/2 ounce Chambord
- 3 raspberries (plus more for garnish)
- 3 blackberries (plus more for garnish)
- 5–6 fresh mint leaves (plus more for garnish)
- Plain or berry seltzer for topping
- 1 apple slices for garnish
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Muddle the mint leaves and berries in the bottom of a glass.
- Add ice, then pour in the vodka, rum and Chambord and stir.
- Top the drink with seltzer and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Garnish with more fresh berries, an apple slice and chopped mint if desired.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: drink recipes, mojito recipe, vodka drinks, holiday drinks, fourth of july recipes, memorial day recipes