This Slow Cooker Cheesy Beef Stroganoff is loaded with beef, mushrooms and of course cheese to make a delicious dinner the whole family will love!
We love how easy crock pot meals are to put together, so we have a bunch of recipes that we use often. You can check out all of our slow cooker recipes for more tasty ideas. Slow Cooker BBQ French Dip Sandwiches and Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip are big hits in our family!
Slow Cooker Comfort Food
Slow cooker dinners are on everyone’s mind these days. The cold weather makes us want comfort food – sometimes a little too much comfort food – but that’s just what seems to happen.
We got blasted with about a foot and a half of snow yesterday so the first thing that comes to mind when we’re trapped in the house is what are we going to make for dinner…
And there’s something about being trapped in the house and smelling the slow cooker working away all day that makes you feel like you never want to leave the house anyway. We even have a generator in case the power goes out – which is does a LOT in my neighborhood so we are definitely prepared.
How To Make Beef In The Crock Pot
This Slow Cooker Cheesy Beef Stroganoff isn’t a dump everything in the crock pot kind of recipe, there’s a couple of steps but they’re totally worth it. Beef Stroganoff is one of my favorite dinners, hands down. In all forms, soup, casseroles, skillet dinners, any way I can get it.
Browning the beef and mushrooms before adding them to the slow cooker makes this dinner has so much more flavor, it’s definitely worth the extra 15 minutes!
So after you brown up the beef and mushrooms, now you can dump everything else in…the onions, seasonings an beef broth.
Let that cook on low for 4 hours, add in the cream cheese and cook for another hour. Remove the lid, stir in the cream cheese and add the cooked pasta.
This time it’s a layer of mozzarella on top, cover, let the cheese melt and serve.
I’m telling you, it doesn’t get much better than this – all the flavors of beef stroganoff topped with a big layer of mozzarella. No one is going to care about the snow outside when you’re eating this dinner!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Beef Stroganoff is loaded with beef, mushrooms and of course cheese to make a delicious dinner the whole family will love!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 20 oz. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium white onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 cups rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, brown the mushrooms with the olive oil for 10 minutes until browned.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil and brown the beef until cooked through, then add to the slow cooker with the mushrooms.
- Season the beef and mushrooms with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Place the sliced onions on top of the beef and mushrooms then pour on the beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and add cream cheese..
- Cover and cook one hour on low.
- Remove the lid, add the marsala wine and stir to mix in the the cream cheese.
- Stir in the cooked pasta then add a layer of mozzarella cheese to the the top, cover and cook for another 30 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
I cooked a whole box of pasta, then just saved the leftovers.