These Salmon Burgers are an easy and healthy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love. This is one of the only ways to eat salmon if you ask me!
Salmon is kind of a stretch for me. I like fish but salmon was definitely a fish I had to learn to like. Still if salmon were the only thing to order for the fish choice on a menu I’d probably pass.
But these Salmon Burgers are so good – even if you think you don’t like salmon you’re going to love them.
The best part about these burgers is the garlic basil mayonnaise. The more you put on there the better. It kind of goes along the same lines as a tarter sauce on fish – but this mayo is so much better.
For this recipe you have to start by making the garlic basil mayonnaise because it actually goes inside the salmon burger. So it’s not only on top of the burger but mixed in with the salmon too.
The burgers come together pretty easily, just mix canned salmon into a bowl with eggs, onion, parsley, panko, lemon zest and the garlic basil mayonnaise. Canned salmon is totally fine for these burgers, but we’ve also made them with a piece of leftover fresh salmon too.
Form the mixture into 4 patties and get them into a large skillet with some canola oil.
Flip them over and let them brown for a few more minutes on the second side.
After the salmon burgers are done you can throw a few slices of pineapple in the skillet just to warm them up, or put them on a grill pan like I did.
Now just get those burgers onto a bun and start topping. Lettuce, pineapple and lots of the garlic basil mayonnaise works for me!
- 13 oz. canned salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 red onion diced fine
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 2 T. parsley, chopped
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and then juiced
- 4 T. Garlic Basil Mayonnaise, recipe link in post
- 2 T. canola oil
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 4 pineapple rings
- lettuce for topping the burgers
- Add the salmon, eggs, onion, panko, parsley, salt, pepper, lemon zest and garlic basil mayonnaise to a bowl.
- Mix gently to combine and form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large skillet with 2 T. canola or vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Place the salmon burgers into the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Carefully turn to the other side and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- After the burgers come out of the pan, place the four slices of pineapple in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate to cool.
- Place each burger on a bun and top with grilled pineapple, lettuce and more garlic basil mayonnaise.
- Serving Size: 4